Am I candidate for tummy tuck at current weight and bmi? Would other docs agree with mine?

5'2 200 lbs my bmi is like 37, says im obese. I really want a tt. The doc doing my surgery wants me to lose weight so that my bmi is 30 or under about 35 pounds. I don't mind my size and shape I just hate my stomach.. I'm having a lift with implants next Wednesday. And with my tt i am getting fat transfer to my butt. I work out every day,for the most part follow a diet of protein veggies water. I build muscle and not weight on the scale. Want other opinions. I want to feel good about myself.

Tummy tuck

+1
It is always best to do a tummy tuck when you are as close to your ideal body weight as possible. At your BMI, you have a much higher chance of having complications such as wound healing problems that could lead to permanent deformity if they happen. I think that your surgeon is wise and clearly is thinking of your safety above hi/her own interests. You would be wise to heed the advice...you will not only get a better result, but you will be much healthier as a result.

Good luck and I hope this helps!
New Haven Plastic Surgeon

Lose extra weight first for best tummy tuck results

+1
Thank you for your question.  Your plastic surgeon as correct and he really should follow hisher adviceand not rely on online advice given by physicians who have not examined you.  There is no question that tummy tuck results are better the closer you are to your ideal body weight

Web reference: http://drseckel.com/boston-tummy-tuck/boston-tummy-tuck-how-to-decide-if-you-need-an-abdominoplasty/

On your way to a big transformation

+1
The reason your surgeon wants you to lose weight is probably two fold. 1. end results look better in people who start near to an ideal weight and he/she wants you to look as good as you can when your surgical results are healed and 2. Surgery is safer at a lower weight. That is not to say that the operations you describe cannot be done at a higher weight, just that you, as the patient, has to be willing to accept the higher risk as a consequence of weight. Those risks go down as your weight does and you doctor is likely encouraging you to get to this point to make your surgery as safe and as satisfying to you and to him/her as a result.
Dr. Pyle
Raleigh-Durham Plastic Surgeon

Tummy tuck and weight

+1
Hi Dear:

Some times to get a flat tummy or almost flat you need to reduce weight, with this all you intern organs also will reduce some fat tissue, and your tummy tuck surgery results will be more beautiful.  ,If you reduce weight first before surgery your surgical results will be better and will last more time. Good luck.

Dr. Silvia Aviles
Dominican Certified Plastic Surgeon

Weight loss after LTA tummy tuck

+1
Most of my patients lose 10 to 15% of their total body weight after a lateral tension abdominoplasty procedure. This is due to change in fat to muscle ratio as well as abdominal wall muscle tightening which provides early satiety after the procedure. While diet and exercise is an integral part of good healthy lifestyle, I find patients after LTA are at a discreet advantage in achieving and maintaining this.

Tummy tuck and weight loss

+1
It sounds like you're making a very good life decision to get back to a healthier weight.
Before you embark upon surgery and it's always best to achieve a comfortable weight that you feel you can maintain in your future without starving yourself.
I know many patients who try crash diets, drugs or other fads to lose weight. These are generally prone to failure. The only way to loose weight and keep it off is through diet, exercise, and even sometimes behavior modification. You may wish to consult with your internist or nutritionist to help put you on the right track.
Body mass index charts can tell you where you should be, but getting there is the hard part.
A few things to remember as you bark upon your weight loss program:
True healthy weight loss takes time. Don't rush it.
Rail thin is not always healthy either, seeking a comfortable and healthy weight.
Be sure that you can maintain your weight loss for a number of months prior to surgery to prove that your weight is stable.
Don't embark upon surgery without being stable and without having adequate nutrition or you wont heal well.
Even though you're not at your goal weight yet consult with a plastic surgeon so that you can be followed during the process. It will help to define your goals as you consider your future surgical options.

Web reference: http://www.hallakplasticsurgery.com/tummy-tuck-san-diego/

Tummy tuck at 200 lbs

+1
If you need to lose weight to have a tummy tuck, I can't understand at all why a plastic surgeon would proceed with an augment/pexy. When you lose that much weight, it will have consequences for the breast surgery. If you are only eating veggies and drinking water, that weight is anomalous and perhaps you need medical work up.