Am I a candidate for a tummy tuck? Will it also remove this scar? (photo)

I had an appendectomy when I was 11 tat left me with a disfiguring scar. Done having children all natural/1section. 35, weight 140, ht 5'3. No health issues or medications. Any residents clinics in Pittsburgh PA could help at a discounted rate? Would I be a good candidate and what would this cost, ballpark? Divorcing after 16 years of marriage. Need my body back. Any thoughts?

Am I a candidate for a tummy tuck? Will it also remove this scar?

+1
From your photos you appear to be a good candidate for a tummy tuck. This will likely remove your old scar as well as tighten and flatten the tummy. The new scar should be fairly low under the panty line and give you a nice result.

Fort Wayne Plastic Surgeon

+1
A standard tummy tuck would remove loose skin, tighten the muscles, remove the stretchmarks below the navel, and help with the scar.

Find a board certified plastic surgeon who performs hundreds of tummy tucks and body contouring procedures each year. Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.

Abdominoplasty after having surgery and children

+1
I think you look like a great candidate for a tummy tuck!  It would get rid of that scar and leave you with a much flatter stomach.  Usually an abdominoplasty costs about $5000-$7000 including OR and Anesthesia fees.  It will be great to get your body ready for summer so you can enjoy wearing a bikini and going to the pool with your kids!  Best of luck!

K. Roxanne Grawe, MD
Columbus Plastic Surgeon

+1
either a higher place incision or a low incision with a vertical component can be used in your specific case. 

Tummy Tuck candidate

+1
Thanks for sharing your pictures. I think your scar can be removed during a tummy tuck. The concern that I have is that you don't seem to have a lot of skin laxity above the belly button. Therefore, I probably think that your tummy tuck scar would have to be higher in order to close the incision after removing that old scar. Regardless, you will still have an improvement over that old appendectomy scar. Best of luck with your decision, and please make sure you seek the advise of a board certified plastic surgeon. There are a lot price deals out there but be careful and research your surgeon through the American Board of Plastic surgery website. Don't let a low price blind you and compromise your safety. I am sure you can find a good plastic surgeon that can offer you a payment plan through different credible companies. 

Rami Ghurani, MD

Removal of Abdominal Scar with Tummy Tuck

+1
Abdominal scars below the umbilicus can easily be removed with a tummy tuck. However, your scar appears to involve and extend above the umbilicus. While this could usually be removed easily if you are willing to accept a slightly higher scar than normal, in you the position of the scar is dictated by the C-Section scar. Additionally, you do not appear to have enough excess upper abdominal skin to allow even a normal abdominoplasty. Also, in spite of your weight being within normal limits, it is at the upper limit and you appear to have significant increased intraabdominal fat which would also limit what one could accomplish with a tummy tuck. See a plastic surgeon with significant experience with abdominal rejuvenation and find out what is possible for you.

Robert T. Buchanan, MD
Highlands Plastic Surgeon

Tummy Tuck?

+1
You look to be a good candidate for a tummy tuck and yours is the kind of case that most of us really enjoy. This is because in addition to providing the standard benefits of a tummy tuck, including getting rid of skin and fat, tightening the muscles, improving your shape, we get to help you get past something that has likely bothered you for decades.  Resident clinics serve a purpose and I certainly benefited from one in my training but you truly are likely to be operated on by someone in training.  If you are comfortable with that, I think they serve a great need of connecting people who couldn't otherwise afford surgery with a safe place to get it.  They are very likely better for you than, say, going to a "cosmetic surgeon" who got training in ob/gyn and now does tummy tucks without adequate training. Not all training programs have resident clinics but most that do would love to see you.  I know ours at Wake Forest filled up about six months in advance so call soon.
Dr. Pyle

Jeremy Pyle, MD
Raleigh-Durham Plastic Surgeon

Good candidate

+1
With the old scar on your abdomen I would think that a tummy tuck would be life changing for you.  If money is an issue seeking out a resident's clinic might be an option for you. 
Good luck to you,
Dr T

Scott Tucker, MD
Winston Salem Plastic Surgeon

Tummy tuck

+1
You do appear to have enough skin for a tummy tuck. This would remove the scar tissue. You should consult the resident plastic surgery clinic. Good Luck!

Gregory Lynam, MD
Richmond Plastic Surgeon