Am I a Candidate for TT/MT? Loose Skin Post-partum. (photo)

I am 32, 9 months post-partum, 2nd & last child. 5'8" &130 lbs. Always had a great body, tight abs. Since 2nd baby, belly skin is just looser & really bothers me when I bend over or leaning over and rolls over pants. It looks pretty good when standing up. Am I candidate for tummy tuck? Other options? Too soon post-partum? Can the scar be hidden behind pubic hair? Side note, I am also considering Liposonix for newly acquired love handles. Thanks in advance!!!

Am I a Candidate for #TummyTuck #MiniTummyTuck? Loose Skin Post-partum. (photo) ANS:

+2

I would be really hard-pressed to say that you needed a TT!!!! Yes you do have a bit of skin that rolls when you bend over, but you look great when standing upright!!! A Mini TT might help with some of the loose skin while bending and I would be afraid that even Slimlipo might leave you a little bumpy after and the even standing you would not like it...And I do SlimLipo often...So really a tough call..I would probably advise against surgery. Unless you really talked me into it!!!! How's that for waffling!!

Phoenix Plastic Surgeon

Laser liposuction not Tummy Tuck may be your best option

+1

Thank you for your question and photographs. You look excellent and definitely do not need a full Tummy Tuck. From your photographs I would consider laser liposuction which will remove excess fat and can tighten skin. This would also help you avoid the Tummy Tuck scar.

be sure to consult a plastic surgeon who is certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery, experienced in Tummy Tuck, and has an excellent reputation in your community.

Brooke R. Seckel, MD, FACS

Tummy contouring

+1

You look great after having kids.  I'd likely suggestion liposuction and perhaps a mini tummy tuck.   You definitely do not need a full tummy tuck.  But a physical exam is needed to make any recommendations.  Best wishes.

C. Bob Basu, MD, FACS

Lipo not tummy tuck

+1

First you look great and many women would love to have the issues you have. I would not recommend a tummy tuck. Lipo is a possibility and your skin quality looks good on the photos.

Raj S. Ambay, MD

Candidate for MT or TT?

+1

Thank you for sharing your photos!!  Based on your age and photos, I do not think you would benefit significantly from a mini tummy tuck, and surely not a full tummy tuck.  

We assess the need for surgery with a patient in the upright position, not flexed.   If this were the case, none of our patients would be able to walk upright after surgery :)) 

I do think your love handles and mild skin and soft tissue laxity would correct nicely with ultrasonic liposuction.    I wish you a safe recovery and amazing result!!

Dr. Gill

Paul S. Gill, MD

Candidate forTT?

+1

Thank you,

In all patient's assessment the history is not enough, the clinical examination is very important. In your case from the pictures i would just say all what you need is skin tightening only, which can be done with minimal liposuction by laser assissted liposuction or ultrasound assissted liposuction. Although we can't judge the muscle condition from those pictures which can chang the whole plan. As we know one pregnancy is enough to cause recti muscle divercation, and you had two pregnancies, which usually mandate muscle plication. All that is speculation, you need to be assessed well by a plastic surgeon to get the final recommendation.

Good luck

Fatema S. Alsubhi, MD
UAE Plastic Surgeon

Am I a Candidate for TT/MT? Loose Skin Post-partum.

+1

Great posted photos but hard to advise over the internet. I might offer Smart Lipo with or without a mini TT. Only in person evaluations will allow a better determination of what will offer you a great result. 

Tummy tightening

+1

You may be able to get by with a mini, or even panniculus with liposuction, as your strength layer appears in good shape.  Be sure to check for an umbilical hernia.

Scott E. Kasden, MD

No for the tummy tuck

+1

You are just too close post partum, and your photos suggest that after full recovery and strengthening not only the tummy tuck, but the ultrasonic liposuction might be out too. Hard to be perfect at 32, though our guess is that you will end up perfect enough with just a little exercise and time.

Tummy tuck candidate?

+1
I am in agreement that many patients would be thrilled to look like this. You should see a board certified plastic surgeon to assess whether the gain would be worth undergoing a procedure. I think it is certainly reasonable for you to consider a small amount of liposuction to the love handles if you have already reached your pre-pregnancy weight; if not, first try to get there before having surgery.

Robert L. Kraft, MD