Am I a candidate for Tip Rhinoplasty only? (photo)

Just my tip is bulbous and I really want to get tip reduction. What is the total cost, what anesthesia do they use, what is the recovery time, and what are the risks?

Am I a candidate for Tip Rhinoplasty only?

+2
Yes, from your photo, I believe you would be a good candidate for a tip only rhinoplasty.  The procedure takes approximately and hour to perform and most patients are presentable to return to work within a week.  As nasal tip tissue can remain somewhat swollen for some time, it may take several months to see the final result of the surgery.  The procedure can be performed under local anesthesia with sedation or under general anesthesia. Risks can include bleeding, infection and healing problems.  Costs can vary from $4,800 to $6,000.  Best wishes, Dr Lepore.

San Jose Plastic Surgeon

Tip rhinoplasty only

+1
Without a full set of pictures, it is impossible to tell whether or not you're a candidate for a tip rhinoplasty only. When a tip rhinoplasty is performed in our practice, all incisions are placed on the inside of the nose and suture techniques are used to narrow the wide and bulbous tip. Occasionally additional wide cartilage is also removed when necessary. 

+1
Yes, you can have a tipplasty only.  The goal of the tipplasty is to reduce and refine just the tip of the nose. The incision is inside the nose and patients are usually back to work within a week!

+1
The tip can be reduced without altering another component.  The tip reduction is the most complicated part of rhinoplasty in most cases, so the cost is comparable to a complete rhinoplasty.  I usually perform closed rhinoplasty with no visible scars under general anesthesia.

Tip rhinoplasty

+1
The photo you sent isn't great, so hard to tell how much benefit you might get from a tip plasty and if that is all that needs to be done.

Ronald J. Edelson, MD

Candidate for Tip Rhinoplasty

+1
Dear face, thank you for your question. Rhinoplasty is a popular procedure that can dramatically change one's appearance. In our San Diego practice we perform computer imaging to determine what may be possible in your case. Actual before and after photos are a good way to evaluate your surgeon. Good Luck!

Roy A. David, MD
San Diego Facial Plastic Surgeon

Tip Rhinoplasty

+1
For those patients who are unhappy with just the tip of their nose, a Tip Rhinoplasty is the perfect procedure.  This procedure can be performed under local or general anesthesia depending on the preference of the surgeon and patient.

The cost of the procedure would run $5000-$7000 depending upon the type of anesthesia required.

You can perform the tip rhinoplasty despite having previously had fillers.

To preview your results, you might consider Vectra 3D imaging during your consultation to make sure that you and your surgeon share a common aesthetic goal.

Gilbert Lee, MD

Tip Plasty is possible if u r happy with the rest of the nose.

+1
Tip Plasty is possible if u r happy with the rest of the nose.This can be done under local anesthesia with sedation and the cost is about $5-6k. See a very experienced rhinoplasty surgeon. Fillers make no difference. 

Tip-only Rhinoplasty

+1
Thank you for the picture and the question. In patients with a straight and smooth nasal bridge (dorsum) a tip-only rhinoplasty is a great option. This can refine the tip, making it less bulbous. The tip can also be lifted a bit, to improve the overall profile.  Recovery is typically faster than a complete rhinoplasty, with less bruising, etc. Cost in the SF Bay Area is variable, but surgeon fees are generally $5000 and up. There are also costs for the operating room and anesthesia provider in most cases. Best of luck moving forward!

#San Francisco Rhinoplasty

Evan Ransom, MD
Bay Area Facial Plastic Surgeon