Am I a Candidate for a Thigh Lift? (photo)

Hello, I am 25 years old and I would like to know if I am a good candidate for a thigh lift. The main reason I am interested in a thigh lift is because of the stretch marks on the back of my thighs. I have had most of the stretch marks for 11 years and new smaller ones keep popping up on the sides of my legs and butt. These marks really bother me and cover most of the skin on the back of my thighs. Please let me know if there is anything I can do. Thank you!!! SJ

Thighlift is not for stretch marks

+1

A patient who might be a candidate for a thigh lift is someone who has lost a significant amount of weight and has loose skin in that area.  A thigh lift is a surgery to remove excess skin, and is not a surgery to remove stretch marks.  Your photos show good tone but not excess skin.

Not a candidate for a thigh lift

+1

You primarily have multiple stretch marks of the lower legs and not sagging skin.  You are not a candidate for an inner thigh lift at this time.  There is no real effective treatment for stretch marks since it is due to a destruction of the underlying dermis.  

Thigh lift

+1

Thank you for your question about a thigh lift.

• A thigh lift is done for loose skin and muscle.
  • So you are not a thigh lift candidate.
  • Stretch marks are common on young women's legs - often from hormones.
  • Various lasers like the ND YAG may help stretch marks.
  • I suggest a trial of 2 treatments. Don't sign up for a package of treatments until you know it will work for you.

Elizabeth Morgan, MD, PhD

Stretch marks

+1
At the present there is no treatment for stretch marks. The presence of stretch marks on the thigh in a 25 years old is not a reason t do a thigh lift. You are not a candiate fot thigh lift

Am I a Candidate for a Thigh Lift?

+1

I think that your thigh contours and buttocks are good, and I would not recommend a thigh lift.  You do not have a great deal of skin laxity.  There is not a great treatment for stretchmarks other than removing them with an incision.  You would not be able to remove enough of the stretchmarks to warrant an incision.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA