Am I a Candidate for the Benelli Breast Lift? (photo)

i'm 23 years old at 5'3, 130 pounds. I use to wear a 32DD until i lost 20 pounds which leaves me at wearing a 34 C now with saggy deflated breast... (i feel like it's loose skin with very little tissue inside). I would like to get augmentation WITHOUT a lift, but im scared of this "double bubble" effect or the ball in a sock look =/.... so i'm considering a benelli lift which will leave less scarring... is this even possible for me? Also sorry the pictures are side ways..

Determining Best Breast Lift type

+1
The key to success lies in letting you surgeon know specifically what you would like to look like following the surgery. For example, how perky do you want to be, what shape do you want to have, etc.? However from your description it would appear that a lollipop type lift would be best for you rather than a periareolar lift like the Benelli procedure. Here is a rule of thumb that works for most patients. If you nipple is above your lower breast crease then often a periareolar lift will be sufficient for most patients. If your nipple is at or below your crease then a vertical lift (lollipop lift), inverted T or anchor pattern may be required.

The Lollipop incision for Grade 3 or 4 ptosis (areolar near or below your breast crease) works best in my hands and the use of a Lollipop technique can lift your breast to the perkiness you desire. However, other plastic surgeons are more comfortable with an inverted T or Anchor Pattern technique.The donut lift does tend to both flatten and have scars widened as you are removing skin around the areola which causes tension in that single area causing it to "spring' apart over time. With the Lollipop incision the tension is spread out over a greater distance of the lower vertical scar (where the areola once was) causing less tension on the areola and entire closure. The vertical lift tends to cone the breast making it more shapely (conical) and less flat. For a visual take a paper circle, cut out a small wedge on the bottom and bring the edges together to see this effect. In general I would pick the best Surgeon and explain fully what you want to achieve rather than the technique. Always choose a board certified Plastic Surgeon.

Am I a Candidate for the Benelli Breast Lift?

+1

When you lift your arms you are distorting the shape of your breasts and making them look less saggy or "ptotic" than they naturally are. Since even in your photo you look like you are probably not a candidate for a Benelli lift, which is only useful in patients with VERY mild sagging, I would assume that accurate measurements with your arms down would reveal that you are definitely not a candidate for this very weak lift. Get a good lift, even if it means a vertical scar, or you will not be happy with your results.

Robert M. Grenley, MD

Breast lift alone?

+1

So sorry but you have a great amount of ptosis (droop) and you would not be a good candidate for a Benelli mastopexy alone.  In my opinion you would need a more aggressive breast uplift.  Best of luck.

Christopher J. Davidson, MD, FACS
Wellesley Plastic Surgeon

ARMS AT SIDE byVillar

+1

Arms should be at sides when taking pictures.  Raised arms distort the breast.  You may well be a candidate for a Binelli lift but should have permanent sutures around the areolae to keep them from stretching out again and loosing their natural texture.

Best wishes. Knowledge is power.  Luis F. Villar MD FACS

Luis Villar, MD

+1

An augmentation without a lift would be a mistake--chances are the appearance would be one of your own breast tissue draping off the implants. 

With your arms up in the air you are simulating a lift. With arms at your side the nipples and areolas will appear even lower. I feel you are not a great candidate for a Benelli type lift, and should consider a vertical lift.

But none of these decisions should be made on photos alone--rather in the setting of a consultation. When you are ready for an in person consultation, RealSelf has listings of surgeons in your area. You should consider cross referencing the listings from the The American Society of Plastic Surgeons (plasticsurgery dot org). A listing in the ASPS website assures you that your surgeon is not only board certified,  but also is a member in good standing of the major plastic surgery organization in the U. S. Thank you for your question, best wishes.

+1

Do the implant first with possible fat grafts to improve inferior poles = Composite augmentation of Del Vecchio (Boston). Than if yiou need a lift do it 4 months later under local. 

Benelli Breast Lift

+1

Thank you for the question. Yes, it might be possible to do a Benelli Breast Lift with a Breast Augmentation. You would need to be evaluated by a board certified plastic surgeon to determine the procedure correct for you.

Lisa M. DiFrancesco, MD

+1

You are a candidate for a circum-areolar breast lift. This could be done with or without implants. I would prefer sub-fascial  placement 

Hilton Becker, MD
Boca Raton Plastic Surgeon

Is a lift mandatory

+1

Hi wonderfulone1990,

Some women"s breasts are so low that they clearly need a full lift.  You are not  at all in that category.  Although we only have your photos to go by and despite the fact that your arms are elevated, it does not appear to me that a full lift is required.  It really boils down to what your expectations are.  If you just want them filled again and you don't necessarily want your nipples raised or your breast lifted off your chest wall, then you could consider either breast implants or fat transfer.  If you do want your nipples a bit higher but will still accept some breast in contact with your chest wall below then a Benelli lift can be an option.  On the other hand, if you want the perkiest appearance with higher nipples and no breast touching your chest wall then a lollipop lift will be required.  Under no circumstances will you require a horizontal incision or an anchor lift.  A properly performed lollipop lift  where there is no horizontal incision at all is the gold standard.  Avoiding horizontal incisions is critical as they too often heal with conspicuous scars.  Lollipop incisions, on the other hand, usually heal with excellent scars.

Good luck,

Ary Krau MD FACS

Ary Krau, MD, FACS

Benelli lift possible?

+1

Thank you for your question and photos.  

This is a very difficult answer to provide without an examination.  There are many factors that can influence the decision for what kind of lift you will need.  A Benelli lift is not a very powerful lift--meaning the ability to raise the nipple and areola is very limited.  If you ask it to do too much, it will tend to flatten the breast.  A more powerful lift is a circumvertical, with an incision down the front of the breast.  There is a much greater ability to reduce any excess skin as well as lift nipple and areola. The size of the implant, the amount of excess skin and quality of the skin as well as the starting position of the nipple are all important factors that determine what kind of lift is best.  This is something you will have to trust to your plastic surgeon.  By all means, seek multiple opinions, but be aware of going with an outlier opinion because it is the one you want to hear.  

Good luck.

Brian C. Reuben, MD
Salt Lake City Plastic Surgeon