Am I a Candidate for Non Surgical Rhinoplasty? (photo)

I have a bump on the bridge of my nose that is hereditary, and I in general like small bumps, I think they add character however I think mine is too large. From front on my nose is very symetrical so i don't have a problem with how wide it is and it doesn't go to one side or whateer. And I feel the tip is good too. What I am wondering if if I would be a good candidate to have filled above and below the bump to give it a straighter appearance? Thanks.

Promoted Local Answer Promoted local answers are based on Featured Doctor activity within your current location.

No you are not

+1

Hi,

You are not a good candidate for a non surgical nose job because your bridge hump or dorsal bump is too high and placing fillers above that to create a straighter profile will make your bridge too high and make you look like an Avatar! The nose is also wide with a wide nasal bone base as well as wide tip that would benefit from refining as well as slight lifting.  All in all a well executed rhinoplasty will be much better than a non surgical rhinoplasty for you BUT a poorly performed rhinoplasty will be worse than leaving it alone.  Do your research and either dont do it or do it the right way.  

I do have lots of patients who I perform non surgical rhinoplasties on but you would not benefit from it.

Web reference: http://www.rhinoplastyspecialistsurgeon.com/specific-types-of-rhinoplasty/hump-removal-dorsal-bump-rhinoplasty/

Washington DC Facial Plastic Surgeon

Non surgical rhinoplasty

+1

Dear justcurious,

The results would be limited with a non surgical rhinoplasty, but they may be what you are looking for.  If it is just the bump that bothers you, it can be filled out to leave a smaller hump (you said it gives character) for a subtle result.  So in the end, it just depends on how much of a result you would like.  To reduce the appearance of the bump, a little filler would work.  To refine the nose, surgery would be best.

Nima Shemirani

Nonsurgical Nose Jobs Work Well for Nasal Bumps and Humps

+1

I have been performing nonsurgical nose jobs for more than seven years and have treated many noses that resemble yours from the photographs you have provided. However, photos are no substitute for examining the nose.

Generally, speaking, I might approach a nose that appears like yours by adding to the bridge area, but not too much so as to make the bridge appear too high--just enough to straighten.  Likewise, I would consider reshaping the tip of the nose to give it a bit of a lift (hence straightening it and bringing it more into line with a slightly higher bridge). And lastly, I would consider giving it a bit of a lift to the tip by adding some volumizing filler below the columella, as well.

As a kind of simple pretest, small amounts of salt solution can be injected in the areas I just specified. The salt solution is reabsorbed in just a few minutes, but remains in place just enough time to give a good idea how the real treatment would work out. 

Web reference: http://YoungerLookingWithoutSurgery.com

I don't think so

+1

I do not like "non surgical" nose jobs, all they do is put different fillers in  your nose that may cause a reaction and go away at different rates. Over your lifetime, you will pay for a regular surgical nose job many times over. Also, you can have bad reactions to the fillers and end up with a nose that is much harder to repair.

Good rhinoplastic surgeons can do subtle rhinoplasties.

Web reference: http://www.wrmd.com