Am I a candidate for a non surgical nose job? (Photo)

Would just like to even this sucker out a bit, can it be done without surgery?

You may be a candidate for a non-surgical nose job.

+1
Dear Jack55;

If you want to even the nose out, I would suggest consulting with a surgeon who has long experience using the fillers. Permanent fillers are excellent. You could also opt for temporaries, but be sure to have the technique in which sterile salt water is injected into the nose to show the predicted result. The salt water disappears in a couple of hours, but you will have a good idea about what can be accomplished. Also, it allows you to give your input because you are just sitting there in the treatment chair, watching in a mirror. 

You also may want to have computer imaging when you consult with the surgeon, but be sure to consult with somebody who has facility and long experience with the non-surgical approaches. These are becoming much more popular.

I hope this information helps.

Best wishes from Beverly Hills, California.

Robert Kotler, MD, FACS

Nonsurgical Nose Jobs Work Well For Smoothing "Hills & Valleys" Along The Spine Of The Nose

+1
I have been performing nonsurgical nose jobs with injectable volumizing agents for well over a decade. The side bar to this column shows one of my patients with a prominent bump and bend to his nose before and literally only five minutes later after smoothing with a volumizing agent. The hills and valleys along the spine of the nose shown in the photo provided with the question are easily amenable in my experience to treatment with volumizers. The only complication I have personally encountered in my over ten years performing these kinds of injecions is the occasional need to add more volumizer at the follow-up visit.

For a good idea of how the result may actually look, your physician might inject a little salt or anesthetic solution. The results of this test usually last about five minutes before all the solution is absorbed, which it generally enough time to get a decent idea of what the actual result will look like.

In my Upper East Side Manhattan practice I would use a combination of Radiesse plus Perlane L. In my Israel satellite office, where many more regulatory agency approved injectable fillers and volumizing agents are available, I would choose Radiesse plus Restylane SQ.

in experienced hands, the procedure should not take more than five or ten minutes and the results are immediate and typically engender a "Wow!" response.

Nelson Lee Novick, MD

Nonsurgical nose job candidate

+1
We do not recommend placing fillers inside the nose due to complications we have seen from other practices and  they are only temporary. Rhinoplasty is a surgical procedure to change the shape of bone and cartilage permanently. When the nasal bones are crooked, medial and lateral osteotomies are required to straighten them. When the upper lateral cartilages are uneven, a spreader graft is required to be placed underneath a concave upper lateral cartilage. The hump is composed of the bone and cartilage and must be shaved down to remove it. For many examples of surgical rhinoplasty, please see the link below to our rhinoplasty photo gallery