My nose is huge, has a curve and droops. Am I a Candidate for a Non Surgical Nose Job? (photo)
Doctor Answers 5
nonsurgical nose job for droopy tip
Adding injectable fillers into this nose will not correct it, only make it more projecting and larger. The presenting problems in this nose are dorsal hump, a projecting nose and droopy tip. Injections will not improve these 3 problems. A rhinoplasty would involve hump reduction, narrowing the bridge, releasing the depressor septi ligament and reducing the projection of the nose .
Have a question? Ask a doctor
Nonsurgical Nose Job or Rhinoplasty
Whenever the complaint for the nose is the nose is too large or there is a large hump, fillers are a poor substitute for rhinoplasty. The tip can be modified at the same time to correct its droopy nature. Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA
Non-Surgical Rhinoplasty may help your nasal profile
You may be a candidate for non-surgical rhinoplasty. I can't guarantee it, but it is worth trying. You may be able to achieve some modest improvement on profile view.
- Your profile may be improved by addressing the drooping tip with fillers.
- Your case is at the edge of what can be helped with fillers so it would be helpful to try injecting nasal saline first.
- Nasal saline will give you and the injector a,"preview" of what can be accomplished.
I have attached a link of a patient with a large droopy tip who had some improvement, take a look.
You might also like...
Based on your photos, you do not appear to be a candidate for a Non-surgical Rhinoplasty.
I reviewed your photos and your concerns:
Your nose is too large to consider adding fillers. You may be a candidate for Rhinoplasty Surgery to deproject and rotate your tip, and correct your mild "tension lip", which is the bony bulge between your columella and upper lip. You could also have your bridge lowered for a more attractive nasal appearance on profile-view.
Hope this is helpful for you.
Non-surgical rhinoplasty vs rhinoplasty
- A non-surgical rhinoplasty entails putting filler into the nose, effectively making it bigger, and more in proportion
- For your nose, you would be much happier with a rhinoplasty as we can make the nose smaller to fit your face better
- The surgery has minimal discomfort and the results will last forever so you do not need to go in for regular injections
- If you go the non-surgical route, it will make your nose too big for your face
These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.