Am I a Candidate for Sliding Genioplasty and Rhinoplasty? (photo)

i am an 18 year old male. I feel that my chin is really small & it isnt pushed out like a chin should be, thus making me look a lot younger than i am. I want to push my chin forward so it lines up better& is more symmestrical with my face& i also want it to be pushed downward cuz i want to add length to my face. Am i old enough to have this procedure? Any info that can help me. I included pic of me now and what i want to look like sorta Can i get the surgery now or after im finished growing.

Chin implant and rhinoplasty to improve profile

+1

It is difficult to tell from the pictures presented.  However, a chin implant is a straightforward and simple surgery that is performed under local anesthesia in our surgery center.  The implant is composed of silastic and is inserted through a small ½ inch incision underneath the chin, and directly over the bone. Patients can go home the same day. Rhinoplasty surgery is performed under general anesthesia, so if both procedures are done together, both would be performed under general anesthesia.  Please refer to the morphing software on our web site and use a high resolution camera to get a better result.  It is certainly acceptable to undergo a chin implant and rhinoplasty at age 18.

Rhinoplasty and chin implant for Improved facial balance. facial appearance.

+1

Rhinoplasty and chin implant for Improved facial balance. facial appearance. The chin is usually done with an implant unless u have a bite problem. Males can usually be done at 18. Your tip needs more projection and that way more of your bridge is kept to prevent feminization of the nose. 

Chin and rhinoplasty

+1

Balancing the chin and nose are key steps in facial harmony. The changes you want can be done however you need to be certain you have completed your bone growth before having any surgery. If you are not sure consider getting x rays of your wrist and knee growth plate area.

Michael L. Schwartz, MD
West Palm Beach Facial Plastic Surgeon