I have a bulbous tip and rounded tip. Am I a Candidate for Rhinoplasty? (photo)

The first thing that I would love to fix about my nose is the bulbous and rounded tip. Thinking about it, though, I feel that even if the tip of my nose was minimized, my nose would still need more refining. I think the bridge of my nose needs to be more defined as well. I've never seen anyone with a nose similar to mine, so I wonder if I would even be able to be a Rhinoplasty candidate? To what extent would I be benefited by getting this cosmetic procedure done? Thank You!

Candidate for rhinoplasty to improve aesthetic harmony

+2

The bulbous tip is going to be best addressed through tip suturing techniques and cartilage removal where the entire tip is narrowed and de-projected.  A small amount of cartilage will most likely be required in the supertip area of the nose where there is a depression present.  Osteotomies are performed to narrow the nasal bridge for balance with the new tip structure.  The procedure is performed through the closed rhinoplasty technique under a general anesthesia and will take approximately 1 hour.

Well-performed Rhinoplasty Surgery may lead to tip narrowing, deprojection and rotation.

+2

I reviewed your concerns and your photos:

You appear to have a bulbous tip on front view, and on profile, your tip is overprojected and underrotated.

Well performed rhinoplasty techniques may lead to improvement in the appearance of your nose provided you choose a reputable surgeon.

Hope this helps.

Dr. Joseph

Eric M. Joseph, MD
West Orange Facial Plastic Surgeon

Am I a Candidate for Rhinoplasty?

+2

Thanks for posting the aeries of photos. Better to seek ONLY in person opinions from boarded rhinoplasty surgeons in your city. It allows a full touch and see examination of your nose, anatomy of the nose, medical history. Than you can have a better understanding of the operation needed in your specific case. Over the internet is more guessing on our part. 

Candidate for Rhinoplasty

+2

Based on the photos provided, the tip of your nose appears widened and over-projected which contributes to the step-off between the bridge and the tip noted in the profile view.  The bridge of your nose also appears mildly under-projected and this is often associated with a nose that appears wider in frontal view as noted in your frontal view.  Narrowing and de-projecting the tip and augmenting the bridge will balance the nasal profile and can also make the upper nose appear narrower in frontal view if the augmentation is done precisely down the central bridge.  Computer imaging during consultation with your board certified surgeon can be very beneficial when evaluating the relationship of the nasal tip and bridge to show how the nose can appear when altering the projection of the tip or bridge alone or in combination.  

Pamela Henderson, MD
Phoenix Facial Plastic Surgeon

Cosmetic Rhinoplasty question

+2

You have correctly identifed the two aspects of your nose that might benefit from rhinoplasty surgery.  The first, your nasal tip, does appear more prominent than the upper 2/3 of your nose on frontal view.  The second issue is the relationship between the tip and the rest of your nose on profile.  The tip projects away from your face much more than the rest of your nose.  Altering this relationship by bringing your tip back, bringing your dorsum forward, or both, would bring all of the elements of your nose into harmony.  I agree computer imaging would be a good teaching/communication tool before deciding which course of action to take.  Regards, Michael S. Fozo, MD FACS 

Michael Fozo, MD, FACS
Detroit Facial Plastic Surgeon

Candidate for Rhinoplasty surgery

+2

Dear lizaboss,

• You have a beautiful face, especially your eyes, and you would be a candidate for a rhinoplasty
  • The tip can be made to be finer and the bridge chagned to give a better profile
  • The best thing to do is to go to a consultation for a physical exam and computer morphing, this would help manage your expectations and answer all of your questions

Best regards,

Nima Shemirani

Nima Shemirani, MD