Am I a Candidate for Rhinoplasty? (Photos)

I feel like my nose it too big and prominent on my face. If I wanted to get my nose fixed, what would be recommended? How long does the recovery period last?

Am I A Good Candidate For Rhinoplasty??

+1

From the photos that you submitted you are indeed a good candidate for rhinoplasty.  Specifically, rhinoplasty surgery would help to refine the tip of your nose.  Rhinoplasty will provide better tip definition, while also narrowing the tip conservatively.  Typical recovery from surgery is between 7-10 days for the initial swelling and bruising to subside.  The nose will continue to heal over the course of 12 months.  I suggest you followup with a board certified surgeon specializing in rhinoplasty for a consultation.  Good Luck

Web reference: http://www.dranthonycorrado.com/nose-procedures-cherry-hill/rhinoplasty/

Philadelphia Facial Plastic Surgeon

Am I a Candidate for Rhinoplasty?

+1

Yes, from the photos provided a Rhinoplasty would be able to thin the wide nasal tip.  The nose will continue to heal and change for 6-9 months.  The thicker the skin, the longer it takes the nose to heal following a Rhinoplasty.

Web reference: http://www.drfpalmer.com/Rhinoplasty.html

Am I a Candidate for Rhinoplasty?

+1

Thank you for your question. From the pictures you submitted you would be a good candidate for a rhinoplasty. Convalescence after a rhinoplasty is as individualized as the surgery itself. I recommend that you make an appointment with a board certified plastic surgeon for a complete examination and to discuss your options. 

Conroe Plastic Surgeon

Candidate for rhinoplasty

+1

When the nose is out of proportion with facial features, a rhinoplasty can bring the portions of the nose back into balance. This usually involves narrowing of bulbous tip with suturing techniques to the nasal tip cartilages, shaving any hump down, osteotomies of the nasal bones to narrow the bridge line and releasing the depressor septi ligament to prevent the nose from drooping upon smiling. Please see link below for examples of noses  similar  to your own we have repaired in our rhinoplasty practice

Web reference: http://www.seattlefacial.com/progallery/dorsalhumpy_photos24.html

Rhinoplasty for refinement and thinning of the large nose.

+1

Rhinoplasty for refinement and thinning of the large nose can give you what you desire as long as the nose is not overdone. The changes you need are subtle changes which create a natural appearing nose. Choose a very experienced rhinoplasty surgeon best results.

Am I a Candidate for Rhinoplasty?

+1

Yes you are and healing take from 3 weeks to 6 months. Best to obtain IN PERSON evaluations from boarded surgeons //

Rhinoplasty expectations

+1

From your photographs you would appear to be a good candidate for a rhinoplasty.  Your next step is to be examined by an experienced plastic surgeon so that your goals and expectations can be established.  

Rhinoplasty candidate

+1

thank you for the question Smara

in general I feel like the prominence of the tip of your nose can be improved with some cartilage work. Additionally there is very slight over projection and noticeable under rotation of the nose. I think deprojection of the nose with a gentle upward rotation of the tip would be favorable. You would have a cast on your nose for approximately one week and any sutures externally would be removed at the end of that week. It would look natural and you'd be well recovered within 2 to 3 weeks and your final result would be apparent after approximately 6 months. The success of a rhinoplasty is measured in months and years not weeks and months. I hope that was hopeful

Chase Lay, MD

double board certified facial plastic surgeon

Web reference: http://chaselaymd.com/rhinoplasty.html

Bay Area Facial Plastic Surgeon

Am I candidate for a rhinoplasty?

+1

Dear smara246,

1. A rhinoplasty would look great on you if you wanted to refine your tip and make is a little smaller
  2. The nose does not stick out (or project) too much from the side
  3. The recovery is generally 1 week with cast, and up to another week for the bruising to fully go away
  4. The final results take about 6 months to show
  5. When you are ready, please visit a rhinoplasty specialist who can address all of your concerns and make sure you breathe well after surgery

Best regards,

Nima Shemirani

Web reference: http://www.eosplasticsurgery.com/Rhinoplasty.htm

Candidate for Rhinoplasty

+1

Based on your photos, you are an excellent candidate for Rhinoplasty surgery.  Consult with a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon for an exam, and to discuss your concerns and expectations. Most people take off a week to 10 days from work, but it takes weeks to months for total healing. Best wishes!