Am I a Candidate for Rhinoplasty if I Like my Nose on Frontal, Laterals, but Not Oblique Views? (photo)

I divided my nose in 5 views: Frontal, 2 laterals and 2 inclined. For me it seems perfect on the frontal view, both laterals, but not the obliques. A minor hump appears that way. I've seen the end results of many rhinoplasties for humps and I wouldn't like that results for me. The space between my lips and nose would increase and my facial harmony would be compromised. I guess I just hav continuity issues. I don't like the idea of general anesthesia for what I consider an 8/10 nose.

Rhinoplasty candidate

+1

Oblique views of the nose can present humps at the corners of the nasal bones.  These can certainly be filed down without changing much of the frontal and lateral views.  It is important to make sure that the mid vault upper lateral cartilages are not herniated inward creating more of an oblique hump that is present at the bony cartilaginous junction.  We do not recommend local anesthesia for nose surgery because the nose has an immense amount of blood vessels and nerves, and it is quite difficult for patients to be comfortable under local anesthesia while during a rhinoplasty.  We perform all of our rhinoplasty procedures under general anesthesia by a board certified anesthesiologist for patient safety and comfort.  We have heard of patients who had conscious awareness during their nose surgery and have nightmares because of it.

Rhinoplasty

+1

It is hard to comprehensively assess your nose from the photo you have posted. If you have a small hump from a particular view, undergoing a rhinoplasty can achieve a better profile appearance that is permanent unlike non-surgical rhinoplasties that are temporary. Please consult with a board certified specialist who can assist you in achieving the results you seek.

Kimberly Lee, MD

Candidate for Rhinplasty

+1

Hi,

You do have a prominent nasal hump that can be reduced with a rhinplasty. That would improve your lateral and oblique views. You may want to consider other cometic nasal procedures as well. You should have your nose imaged so you can see what your nose will look like after surgery.

Dr.S.

Oleh Slupchynskyj, MD, FACS

Am I a Candidate for Rhinoplasty?

+1

In the one picture I see it looks like you have a small hump. The rest of your nose cannot be evaluated but it looks like you would benefit from a limited rhinoplasty. The procedure including anesthesia would be discussed in consultation with a rhinoplasty specialist.