I am unhappy with my profile.Am I a candidate for Rhinoplasty? Would Chin Liposuction help with definition? (photo)

I am unhappy with my profile. I feel that my nose is quite big and looks like a triangle glued onto my face. I am also unhappy with my chin definition. I feel that it makes my face look saggy and long. I am wondering if I am a candidate for rhinoplasty since I do not have a major bump on my nose. Is there any way to very slightly decrease the size of my nose? Will it mess up my facial symmetry? Also would chin lipo help my facial symmetry by giving me more definition?

Rhinoplasty, neck liposuction and chin implant

+2
Thanks for your question and photos. 
The most important factor in success of your surgery is the skill of your surgeon and your pre-surgical anatomic features. In our practice a large portions of the patients are good candidates for a combination rhinoplasty and chin implant placement. Liposuction of the neck is also found to be helpful in many patients. We are very grateful to have many happy patients when a combination procedures are used together.
You are a good candidate for these procedure. I would recommend going to a personalized consultation to have a careful examination and to review all your options. 
Hope this was helpful.
Dr Sajjadian,
Triple board certified plastic surgeon

Chin implant candidate

+2
From the limited photos,  a rhinoplasty does not appear to be indicated. The weak chin profile can be augmented with a Silastic chin implant. Submental liposuction can also be performed at the same time, if necessary. Chin implants are manufactured a variety of sizes and shapes, are inserted through a sub-mental approach under local anesthesia. For many examples, please see the link below

A chin implant and liposuction may help

+2
With the limited help from your pictures it appears that you may benefit from a chin implant and liposuction of your neck. It is difficult to evaluate your nose, but also seems, you may benefit from a dorsal shaving.
The only way to really give you an honest opinión is with a consultation.
Remember to seek a surgeon certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery, the only board in plastic surgery recognized by the American board of medical specialties.
Good luck

Victor M. Perez, MD, FACS
Kansas City Plastic Surgeon

I am unhappy with my profile.Am I a candidate for Rhinoplasty? Would Chin Liposuction help with definition?

+2
Thanks for your question. When evaluating a patient's face and particularly their profile. The first thing I look at is harmony and balance. Most patients who are concerned with what concerns you, hate having their photos taken from the side. They will usually tilt the head one way or the other to avoid the profile.

When looking at the facial profile, I like to divide the profile into thirds. The first third being from the hairline to the eye, the second third is from the eyes to the upper lip and then the last is the upper lip to the chin. I look at the relationship that exists among these thirds. Is the middle third more prominent than the rest because of a hump on a nose or is it because the chin is weak and there is a double chin? This seems to be your case. Based on your photos, I feel you have a very nice looking nose but your profile is off simply because your lower third is too weak.

I would suggest a chin implant with a submental ( neck/below chin) liposuction. The results will be impressive and your self esteem will improve.

Think about it. When and if you decide to have your surgery please seek out a surgeon certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery with years of experience in these procedures.

How about the center, clinic or facility? Are they accredited by a national organization or do they just have State approval. Understand that at the current time, there are three nationally recognized organizations responsible for the highest levels of patient safety, AAAASF, AAACH and JCHO. You owe it to yourself to position yourself for the best possible results but under the most stringent safety regulations, If you have kids, even more so.

How about anesthesia? Will you have a medical doctor certified by the American Board of Anesthesiology or a certified nurse anesthetist (CRNA)? Understand that there is no substitute for research. Cosmetic surgeries, no matter how simple they may be to the patients, are invasive procedures and as such carry certain risks and complications.

Cosmetic surgery should never be made on impulse, particularly of the face. Research, research and then research some more.

I wish the best on your journey and if you need further clarification contact me. I personally answer all RealSelf questions.

Jose Perez-Gurri, MD

Profile

+2
Thank you for the photos and your question and from them I can completely agree with Dr. Fleming that you would benefit from a chin augmentation and submental liposuction

Dr. Corbin

Frederic H. Corbin, MD
Brea Plastic Surgeon

Unhappy with Nasal Profile and Chin Projection

+2
Based on the limited pictures you provided I feel you have a very good profile but I may change my opinion if I see a full set of nasal views as described on my website. A chin implant and submental liposuction would definitely improve your profile.

+2
I don't feel your nose is too big for your face.  You have quite a nice nose, actually.  Your chin is receded, however, and this may make you feel as though your nose is larger than it is.  Adding a chin implant to project
your chin forward will better balance your lower face (and possibly a bit of liposuction under your chin). 

? rhinoplasty

+2
Frankly, to me, your nose looks fine and seems to well fit your face.  I would seriously consider a chin implant which would greatly enhance your profile.  A little submental liposuction is also worth considering but the chin implant would be your best option.  It's a pretty easy operation to carry out and can make a huge difference.

Howard A. Tobin, MD
Abilene Facial Plastic Surgeon

Would Chin Liposuction help with definition?

+2
Based on the profile pic-- it appears that you might benefit from a small implant and possibly lipo. I think your nose looks good-- without in person exam-- it's hard to tell. 
Make sure to schedule an appointment with an Experienced Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.

Thomas Trevisani, Sr., MD

+2
   A chin implant with liposuction may be reasonable based upon those pictures.  I do not think your nose is too big for your face, but more views as well as specifics of what bothers you would be necessary to evaluate your concerns.