Am I a Candidate for Reverse Abdominoplasty? (photo)

I am not sure if this a a result of having twins (1st and only pregnancy) or the umbilical/ diastasis repair surgery. I am 5'8 and 150lbs.

Full abdominoplasty not reverse may be a better option

+1

Thank you for your question. A personal exam and consultation is always best.
That said from your photographs it appears that you have significant lower abdominal laxity and a full abdominoplasty may be a better option than a reverse tummy tuck.
Be sure to consult a plastic surgeon who is certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery, experienced in your procedure, and who has an excellent reputation in your community.

Reverse Abdominoplasty vs. Standard Abdominoplasty

+1

The good news is you are a great candidate for standard abdominoplasty.  Your belly button is almost completely hidden by folds of skin from your upper and lower abdomen.  It also appears from your picture that you have a separation of the rectus muscles, again both above and below the belly button. 

All of the above can be corrected by a properly done abdominoplasty performed by a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon skilled in body recontouring surgeries. 

Fortunately, you don't need a reverse abdominoplasty as this incision is much harder to hide.  It is usually just below the breast, and it is a means of pulling loose skin above the belly button upward, usually after an abdominoplasty has not gotten all necessary skin out or, in unique cases, where the person only has loose skin above the belly button and not below.   Compared to a standard abdominoplasty, the reverse abdominoplasty is rarely done and, fortunately, you don't need it.  

S. Larry Schlesinger, MD, FACS
Honolulu Plastic Surgeon

Candidate for reverse abdominoplasty?

+1

No. Most of your excess is low, below your belly button. Reverse tummy tucks are used to improve the looseness of the skin located over your lower rib cage/upper abdomen.

Ronald Schuster, MD