I have under eyes bags and deep hollows. Am I a candidate for Restylane injections under my eyes? (photo)

I have genetic under eye circles and deep hollows. My cheek bones are higher than my under eyes and it makes me self-concise. Would injections make my eyes look smaller as well?

Restylane injections under the eyes

+3
Yes, you are a good candidate for Restylane (or Belotero) under your eyes.  Under eye correction is a great procedure and most patients are very satisfied with their results.  The results usually last 6-12 months (depending on which filler is used).  My only caution to you would be to make sure you see an experienced injector as this is a more advanced filler procedure.

Seattle Dermatologist

Am I a candidate for Restylane injections under my eyes?

+2
Yes. From what I see in the picture, you should receive a nice benefit from injections. This is an advanced technique and I suggest you seek out someone who is very experienced. Good luck.

Eric Desman, MD
Alexandria Plastic Surgeon

Filler under eyes

+2
I think that a filler, particularly Restylane, would do well for your hollows. I do not think that you have "bags". Your eyes and lashes are beautiful and the fillere will not deytract from this

Jo Herzog, MD
Birmingham Dermatologist

+2
Given your young age and lack of undereye volume, you are a good candidate for undereye injections. Even if you chose to go the route of a lower blepharoplasty (I wouldn't recommend it) you would likely require additional volume either with hyaluronic acid filler or fat transfer. Filler should give you significant improvement and delay your need for any surgical procedures. I hope this information is helpful for you.

Stephen Weber MD, FACS
Denver Facial Plastic Surgeon

Stephen Weber, MD, FACS
Denver Facial Plastic Surgeon

I have under eyes bags and deep hollows. Am I a candidate for Restylane injections under my eyes?

+2
Restylane is a great filler for the tear trough and yields a fantastic result when the injections are performed properly by a skilled physician. I would recommend one of the following board certified physicians to perform your injections:

1) Facial plastic surgeon
2) Plastic surgeon
3) Dermatologist 

The injections would not influence the appearance of the size of the eyes. I hope this information helps, and I wish you the best of luck.

Paul S. Nassif, MD

Excellent Candidate for Restylane

+2
Hi Lola.  You are an excellent candidate for Restylane because the skin under the eyes is not loose and because your facial anatomy is such that you have some "hollows" under the eyes.  1-2 CC's of Restylane will last 8-12 months and provide some excellent improvement.

Make sure you find someone experienced with this procedure that injects "under the muscle".  Good luck and check the pictures below for examples.

Harold J. Kaplan, MD

Restylane under eyes

+2
Restylane injections should help with hollow appearance under your eyes and reduce the darkness in this area. Your eyes would not look smaller. Look for a doctor in your area experienced with under eye injections.

Mitesh Kapadia, MD, PhD
Boston Oculoplastic Surgeon

Restylane under eyes for circles and deep hollows

+1
Based on your photo, you would certainly be a good candidate for Restylane injections into your tear troughs and hollows around the eyes. I would recommend that you seek out an experienced board certified physician since this is an area that requires experience. The filler should generally last between 8-12 months in this area and should give you a great result. Best of luck!

Sachin S. Pawar, MD
Milwaukee Facial Plastic Surgeon

Candidacy for tear trough filler

+1
It looks like you would be a good candidate for tear trough (deep hollows under eyes) filler, and restylane is a particularly good filler for this location, although other fillers can also be used here like Juvederm. Make sure you have an expert injector treating you such as a dermatologist or plastic surgeon.

Benjamin Barankin, MD
Toronto Dermatologic Surgeon

Under Eye Hollows

+1
From your photo it appears that you would be a great candidate for Restylane injections under your eyes.  The deep hollows can be injected in that area.  Please consult a board certified dermatologist with a great deal of experience with facial injections for the best results.

Michele S. Green, MD