Am I a Candidate for Restylane For Tired Eyes? (photo)

Am I a candidate for Restylane? if not, any suggestions on how to make my eyes look less tired and healthy looking? I do have some darkness a bit under my eyes as can been seen in the pic. as you can see there are bags right under my eyes. I feel that my eyes are very deep set/hollow looking and seem to have that tired look all the time.

Tired eyes and Restylane

+1

Based on the photo you've provided, I'd first have a consult with a reputable plastic surgeon in your area to assess your specific needs. It looks as though you may me a good candidate for lower lid rejuvenation - but without seeing you in person, it's very difficult to determine specifics.

Restylane for tired eyes

+1

I do think that a filler like Restylane would help your appearance and decrease the dark circles you have.

Fillers and Volumizers Work Well for Rejuvenating "Tired Eyes," Dark Circles, and Bags Under the Eyes

+1

Moderate bags under the eyes, dark circles, crinkling and tear troughs can respond quite well to the proper injection of fillers under the eyes. In general, I prefer to use monophasic hyaluronic acid products, such as Juvederm Ultra XC for this purpose, since the skin is quite thin in this region and this material in my opinion makes for a more even and smooth result. When dark circles are present, the addition of a tiny amount of Radiesse--which is whitish in color--, to the syringe can impart just enough of a lightening effect to diminish the dark circles. Sometimes, a volumizing filler, such as Perlane L may be injected into the medial region of the cheek close to the nose to provide an added support to the tissues under the eyes.

Web reference: http://YoungerLookingWithoutSurgery.com

Restylane for tear trough

+1

You will likely see some improvement with restylane. But just putting it in your tear trough may not solve the whole problem. For best results get a full cosmetic consultation and consider all options, including fillers, botox, laser and facial peels.

Restylane to tear troughs

+1

It is likely you will get some improvement with Restylane to your tear troughs.  I recommend researching skilled injectors in your area and consulting regarding this service.  Most patients who are good candidates get lovely outcomes.

Web reference: http://www.celibre.com/Celibreblog/search.aspx?q=Restylane

+1

I agree with the other expert posters to TRY Restylane in the tear troughs ONLY! You might consider a laser peel of the lower lids also. 

Restylane for under eye area

+1

Restylane is a beautiful option for under the eyes.  Occasionally a very small amount of Botox is also injected to help with the muscle protrusion and if done correctly will not cause a slump.  Fillers under the eyes is an advanced technique so please be sure you are seeing a board certified dermatologist, plastic surgeon, oculoplastic surgeon or facial plastic surgeon.

Sacramento Dermatologic Surgeon

Yes, it is possible but you need to go to an expert or it is likely to be unsuccessful.

+1

Fillers under the eyes are the equivalent of the Oscars.  They are the big time and if your injector isn't qualified you can end up very unhappy.  The filler in your case has a very limited area of effectiveness and if placed too high it will look bluish.  You won't likely get full improvement, but some improvement is quite likely if you go to the right person.  I would recommend a dermatologist who does their own injections and one who is well known for this procedure.  Good luck!

Omaha Dermatologist

Be careful with BOTOX in the "muscle roll."

+1

That muscle roll holds the lower eyelid margin against the eye.  Weakening that muscle can cause the lower eyelid to slump.  On the other hand under eye filler is very helpful.  I prefer Restylane in this area over all other fillers.  Restylane tends to hold beautifully.  It is reasonable to expect this type of treatment to last a year or more.  Any moisturizer will also help the skin of the lower eyelid look better.  Since these products often over promise and under-deliver don't spend a lot of money on these types of products.  The 30 dollar moisturizer does the job just as well as the $300 moisturizer in the fancy jar at the department store.

Restylane and Juvederm works well for under eye bags

+1

Yes, I think that either Restylane or Juvederm are excellent choices to camouflage your under eye bags. I like to use the analogy of peaks and valleys when addressing puffiness under the eyes. The peak, the excess fat that can develop in the lower eye lids can be removed with surgery. This needs to be done conservatively so as to avoid a hollowing effect. This is accomplished by filling in the valley, the hollowed area under the eye lid so that less fat has to be removed. It's a balance- add a little, take away a little. Even if you don't have any fat removed, adding Restylane under your eyes will decrease the puffiness appearance by at least 50%

Manhattan Facial Plastic Surgeon