I'm I a Candidate for Reduction? (photo)

I'm 19 , african, i weigh 109lbs , quite a small frame and i'm a 34d. I've got persistent pain in my upper body , neck, back, shoulders and sometimes arms. I get rashes and sometimes my bra strap cuts through my skin so i've got scars and marks where my bra sits. I'm healthy, i exercise, i do not drink or smoke. And its really hard finding bras that fit both my frame and my cup size. I'd love to get a reduction but i'm not sure if i'm a candidate. and which affordable options i could have.

Will Not Meet Insurance Criteria

+1

Breast reductions are authorized by insurance companies based on 2 criteria.  First, you must have symptoms related to the large breasts such as neck, back and shoulder pain or rashes.  Second, you must have the amount removed that meets their criteria.  At 34 D each 100 grams of removal will correspond to 1 cup size change. Your photographs do not show breasts large enough to meet the criteria.  Most insurance companies require at least 500 grams removal and that would take you down to size A, which you would be dissatisfied with.  The Ultimate Breast Lift is a new alternate technique that could relieve all your pain while maintaining your D sized breasts.  This technique transfers the weight of your breast to the underlying muscle and produces immediate pain relief.  Nipple sensitivity and ability to breast feed is maintained.  This technique avoids the ugly vertical scars such as the Wise pattern, which was developed in 1956.  Unfortunately, insurance does not pay for this procedure and you will have to pay yourself since you do not meet insurance criteria.

Best Wishes,

Gary Horndeski, M.D.

Texas Plastic Surgeon

I'm I a Candidate for Reduction?

+1

Yes possible to have a reduction/lift. But only in person evaluations can definitively answer this question. seek a few in person consults. 

Breast Reduction Candidacy

+1

You would seem to an excellent candidate from your photo and the description of your sizes and symptoms.  Obtain a consultation with a board-certified plastic surgeon with whom you can discuss your options as well as the benefits/risks of this procedure.

John Whitt, MD

Candidate for Breast Reduction

+1

Base on your photos, size, and symptoms, it does appear that you are a candidate for breast reduction surgery. If your primary care physician provides documentation and treatment of your symptoms arising from you breast hypertrophy, you may be able to have insurance pay for breast reduction surgery. Your growth in both stature and breast size should be stable. You could be then evaluated by a plastic surgeon for surgical treatment. Your surgeon will go over the pros and cons of having breast reduction surgery, especially at a young age of 19.

Thank you for your question and photos. Best of luck!

Gregory C. Park, M.D.

Gregory Park, MD

You are an excellent candidate

+1

You are an excellent candidate for a breast reduction. You are thin and just have very large droopy breasts which are corrected by a well performed reduction. Good Luck.

William B. Rosenblatt, MD

Breast Reduction Candidate?

+1

Thank you for the question and pictures.

Based on your description and pictures, I cannot think of a better candidate for breast reduction/lifting surgery than you.  I think it is very likely that you will find that this operation will help you with the symptoms you are experiencing and may help improve your lifestyle ( ability to exercise, psychosocial concerns…)  in many ways.

Your first step would be to consult with board-certified plastic surgeons.  Learn about the breast reduction/lifting operations including the pros/cons of the operation as well as the potential risk/complications associated with the procedures.  Timing of the procedure, in relation to life circumstances such as  psychosocial  concerns and pregnancy… should also be considered. You may find the attached link helpful as you do your research.  

Best wishes as you do your research;  at some point,  hopefully you will be able to proceed with this operation; it is one of the most patient pleasing operations we perform.