Am I a Candidate for a Periareolar Lift with Implants? (photo)

Am I a Candidate for a Periareolar Lift with Implants?

Peri-areolar lift with implants

+1

You are not an ideal candidate for a peri-areolar lift.

However, if you are concerned about visable scarring,and will be satisfied with a modest lift. I feel that you may be a candidate for a peri-areolar lift.ie with internal lifting

Your areolae are large and will be reduced as well.I would place your implants in the subfascial position

Remember if you are not satisfied with the lift ,it could be repeated ,or a vertical lift done later

Boca Raton Plastic Surgeon

Periareolar lift with implants

+1

The amount of droop you have in your breasts suggest that you would only get a limited result with a breast lift that had scars confined to the areola. Having a more formal lift (circumvertical or with a short transverse scar) will give you a better result overall. The vertical scar fades considerably over time, so although it will always be there, it becomes very faint. I would therefore recommend against a periareolar breast lift with augmentation.

London Plastic Surgeon

Periareolar Lift with Implants

+1

Your photos suggest that you would not be a candidate for Periareolar Lift. To verify based on physical examination and a review of your objectives, consult with 3 - 4 experienced and expert board certified plastic surgeons.

If you had the scar you wanted, but your breasts look funny, will you be happy?

+1

Hi there-

It's important for you to think about the question above... and to realize that not all breast lift techniques result in equivalent changes in breast shape.

In other words, the greatest mistake I see patients and surgeons alike make is that of thinking that the best way to choose a breast lift technique is to get an understanding of which scar the patient finds acceptable.

A periareolar lift with implants would result in a funny, flattened shape in your case- be careful.

I would advise you to find a great surgeon first, visit for an exam, and follow their recommendations.

Web reference: http://www.DrArmandoSoto.com

Mastopexy incision

+1

Your photos show significant ptosis.  I would probably recommend a vertical lift to give you the best shape.  An exam would be needed to confirm my recommendation.   Donald R. Nunn MD  Atlanta Plastic Surgeon.

What type of lift?

+1

It is difficult to assess your nipple position on your chest wall from your photos.  A formal physical exam will be needed to assess your chest wall dimensions, the position of your nipples and degree of sagging, and your skin quality.   Based on these assessments, your board certified PS will be able to guide you in terms of the type of lift that may be needed.   Best of luck.

Dr. Basu

Houston, TX

Web reference: http://www.basuplasticsurgery.com

Periareola lift and implants

+1

From the photos alone it is difficult to say whether or not you can have jsut a periareola lift with implants.  I do them all the time, but an exam in person will be most important.

Periareolar lift with implants

+1

Based on your photos, I would suggest reviewing this carefully with your plastic surgeon.  A periareolar lift will reduce your areolar size and lift your breasts slightly, but your nipple position appears low and this type of lift may not give you an attractive shape or breast position relative to your chest.  I would probably lean more towards a vertical mastopexy with implants.

Kahului Plastic Surgeon

More than a periareolar lift needed

+1

In the end it is up to you to decide what shape will be enough for you to be happy.  But you have too much lower pole skin excess and laxity to get a great shape improvement with just a periareolar lift.  For the best shape, you would need a full lift from your starting point but this involves more scars.  So in the end it is important for you to be realistic and ask how much shape improvement you really want.  Even though nobody wants scars, most folks really want the best shape and will make the trade of shape for scar.  An intermediate position would be to do the PA lift and convert it to a full in 6 months if the flat front, baggy bottom look of the PA lift is not acceptable to you.

Good Candidate for Periareolar Breast Lift?

+1

Thank you for the question and pictures.

It is not possible to give you precise advice without direct examination and a full communication of your goals. However, based on your side view breast picture, I would be concerned about achieving the best results possible with periareolar  breast lifting only. This picture demonstrates a significant amount of lower pole  breast skin/tissue that will not be lifted significantly with the operation you mention.

Remember that the circumareolar breast lifting operation provides for a limited/localized breast lift.  This operation may be over utilized given that patients  generally are seeking to avoid breast scars as much as possible.

Most patients (If properly selected and who are doing the operations at the right time of their lives) accept the scars associated with breast augmentation/breast lifting surgery as long as they are happy with the improvement in contour, size, and symmetry. This acceptance of the scars is the essential “trade-off” associated with many of the procedures we do in the field of plastic surgery.

Web reference: http://www.poustiplasticsurgery.com/Procedures/Procedure_breastLiftAug.htm