I am 23 years old, 5'4 approx 135 pounds with no kids. Am I a Candidate for Liposuction? (Photo)

Am i a candidate for liposuction? I am 23 years old, 5'4 approx 135 pounds with no kids. I work out 4-5 days a week with kickboxing/boxing class and try to hike or do something active on the weekends. My lowest weight was 125 but my body has always wanted to stay at 130, so 125 was with extreme diet/exercise. I'm pretty small (i think) throughout my body except for my tummy! I'm thinking of getting lipo on my lower stomach and maybe love handles.. will i still look right or have to get upper too?

Candidates for Liposuction

+2

Liposuction works great in individuals like yourself who are of normal weight and have localized fatty deposits resistant to diet and exercise. Although you can certainly treat only your lower abdomen and hips, I usually prefer to liposuction the entire abdominal wall, hips, flanks and low back to optimize waistline contours. This creates a narrower looking waistline and an attractive lower back concavity. Based on your photos and your history, you appear to have good skin tone which is an important factor when determining one's candidacy for surgery. Liposuction is not a skin-tightening procedure. A certain amount of skin shrinkage occurs related mostly to your natural skin elasticity, and less on technique used. An exam is  the best way to determine with accuracy which areas should be treated to give your body the best possible contours.

Am I a Candidate for Liposuction?

+1

Difficult to give you specific enough advice online. Generally speaking, the “ideal” liposuction  surgery candidate is a patient who presents with diet and exercise resistant adipose tissue associated with good quality overlying skin elasticity. In person consultation with board-certified plastic surgeons will provide you with more specific advice/information. Best wishes.

Laser liposuction by an expert is your best option

+1

Thank you for your question. You are very attractive normal appearing young woman who is fit.

I do not think you need liposuction. However if you want to reduce the amount of fat on your tummy and flanks and must be done very carefully.

The worst thing would be to have inexperienced or careless liposuction believe your beautiful smooth young skin with wavy lines, contour deficiencies and depressions. This would ruin the appearance of your abdomen and flanks.

If you are motivated to have liposuction then I suggest you consult several plastic surgeons certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgerywho are expert and liposculpture and minimal liposuction techniques, have an excellent reputation in your community, and can provide you with before and after pictures of patients similar to you that they have treated.

Specifically discussed with the doctors the risk of contour deformities in your skin following your procedure. In my experienced capsule and light pole laser liposuction allows me to do liposculpture in thin patients without creating contour deformities.

Brooke R. Seckel, MD, FACS

Good Candidate for liposuction

+1

After reviewing your history and photos, I think that you are an excellent candidate for liposuction.  Liposuction is ideally for patients that are within their ideal body weight but want more sculpting and shaping.  I think you would need to have liposuction and your entire abdomen and flanks/love handle region to obtain a more hourglass figure and flatter stomach.  It is very difficult to do just the lower abdomen as the stomach is a continuous area and needs to flow smoothly afterwards.  I use the VASER, which is an ultrasound assisted liposuction, to break up (cavitate) the fat and obtain a smoother, more sculpted shape.  You will get an excellent result.

Jeffrey LaGrasso, MD
Miami Beach Plastic Surgeon

Liposuction candidates

+1

From the look of your photos you are likely a good candidate for liposuction.  You may also be a good candidate for non-invasive CoolSculpting which has less down time and works very well on the tummy and flanks of men and women who are otherwise in good shape- get an evaluation for each modality and get educated on your options!

Adam David Lowenstein, MD, FACS
Santa Barbara Plastic Surgeon

Abdominal Liposuction

+1

Thank you for the photographs. I think that you would be a candidate for selective liposuction of your upper, lower abdomen and love handles. A consult and examination would be the most prudent thing to do.  Please consult with several board certified  plastic surgeons. 

Dr. ES

Earl Stephenson, Jr., MD, DDS

Candidate for lipo

+1

Of course   you  are  an  excellent  candidate   for  liposuction ,    although     you have a   very nice  body, a  very  nice   shape     you    have some  localized   deposits   of  fatty  tissue  in lower  back , waist  line  ,  and   adbominal fat that     come  out     when  you  are   wearing    some  type  of  cloths and  . This   procedure   will  improve   your  curves ,          will  define    your  abdominal  muscles ,  and    will  reshape    your  body making  it  more   sexy  and   more  atractive ,   

Cynthia Disla, MD

Yes you are a great candidate for liposuction.

+1

Liposuction really can make a great improvement in your waist. I would lipo the entire abdomen and the hips to get the best results and it is affordable at $5-5,500 on special for a procedure that lets you get back to work in 2 days and back to the gym in 1 week. it is done under local anesthesia with the micro canulas and you are stood up several times during the procedure to fine tune the results to get the smoothest look.  Sincerely,

David Hansen,MD

David Hansen, MD
Beverly Hills Dermatologic Surgeon

Am I a Candidate for Liposuction?

+1

Liposuction results are highly surgeon dependent.  I think that you will have a great result.   Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of liposuction procedures each year.  Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Am I a Candidate for Liposuction? (Photo)

+1

You would do great with liposuction of flanks ("love handles") and abdominal wall, provided they are well done.  Because you are young and pre-pregnancy, abdominal result will be temporary.  Abdomen should be done conservatively to avoid surface irregularities.  Result on flanks would be permanent, fat gone forever and longer narrow waist.

Steve Laverson, MD