I have 2 childern and 218 lbs. Am I a Candidate for Liposuction? (photo)

I have 2 children. i was 125lbs when I first got pregnant with my son and couldn't lose the weight. When i got pregnant the second time with my daughter i was 180lbs and I am now 218lbs. I was 235lbs after I had my daughter, I was losing weight rapidly but stopped at 218lbs and now stuck. I talked to my doctor about my options and he said I should consider liposuction.Looking into liposuction I've read that I could only lose 5lbs-10lbs tops.I'm doubting liposuction would help. Advice?

Liposuction for weight loss

+1

Liposuction is NOT a treatment for weight loss. if your main concern is weight loss then u can try measures for weight loss (medical, diet and exercise). understand that you may not be able to have noticeable skin retraction and tummy-tuck might be required at some point. I would advice to seek a few consultations with plastic surgeons in your area and explore your options. I do a lot of liposuction as out patient and its has limitations of 4-5 liters of fat suction at one time. which might be insufficient for you. best if u do liposuction and tummy-tuck.

Am I a Candidate for Liposuction?

+1

Thanks for the posted photos. Traditional liposuction in a office surgery suite or ambulatory surgery center has limitations on # of liters allowed to be removed. In Florida it is 4 liters which translates into 8 pounds maybe . Large Volume Liposuction can be preformed only, in my opinion, in a hospital operating room setting with a few nights stay. Amounts that can be removed are 12 to 15 liters with very close anesthesia monitoring. But this is NOT a weight loss plan, and such large volume removals have very high complication rates. And the costs approach $20,000+. So do not think any type of liposuction is for weight loss. 

Liposuction is not a weight loss method

+1
Liposuction removes only a few pounds and is intended for body contouring. I wold not recommend it for someone who has not reached and maintained a weight with which they are comfortable. I recommend that you see a nutritional counselor and pursue a weight reduction program with the support that you need.

Robert L. Kraft, MD

Losing weight with liposuction

+1

Ideal candidates for liposuction are healthy men and women who have a localized collection of fat that remains despite diet and exercise.  Liposuction is performed for body contouring not for significant "weight loss".

Richard A. D’Amico, MD, FACS
Englewood Plastic Surgeon

Liposuction is not a good substitute or weigh control

+1

I would recommend that you get good counseling regarding good program of nutrition and exercise in the right balance.  Liposuction could shape you a bit, however, it will not solve your weight problem. 

Mark Taylor, MD
Salt Lake City Dermatologic Surgeon

You are not a good candidate foer liposuction alone

+1

You have excess skin and fat . You need  to lose weight. The best option for you will be tummy tuck and liposuction combined after you able to maintain your weight.

Kamran Khoobehi, MD
New Orleans Plastic Surgeon