Am I a Candidate for Implant Surgery? What Size Implants for Me? (photo)

Im 18 5'2 - 5'3 , 125lb. I had a baby 7 months ago and went from a 32E/32F to a 34B after breastfeeding my daughter for two months. I have always had an hourglass body shape so I look very out of proportion. I have experienced a lot of sagging and changes in breast shape to one breast. This has really effected my self confidence as I am only 18. What size implants would I need to achieve my pre-baby breast size? Is it even possible for me to achieve my old size? Thanks for reading :)

Sizing

+1

Congratulations on motherhood. Your correct sizing can be determined with a few simple measurements. Start with a visit to a board certified plastic surgeon.

Breast Augmentation After Pregnancy

+1

Congratulations and thank you for sharing your photo.

I am certain that you are proud to be a mother with a healthy baby girl.

I am sorry that you feel less confident after loosing quite a bit of breast mass and shape due to your pregnancy/breast feeding.

It seems that you could benefit the most from a lift to resolve the ptosis (drooping) as well as a submuscular gel implant to increase the size of your breasts with the most natural look and feel possible.

However, considering your physical traits/dimensions I would be a little careful deciding on implants larger than 400cc (+/- 25cc) to regain your naturally looking prepregnancy breasts. 

That being said, please remember that commendable results require an exceptionally skilled surgeon to perform the surgery and settling for anything less than that increases the chances of additional corrective surgeries dramatically.
I hope this helps and please feel free to check the website below.

Thank you for your inquiry.
The best of luck to you.

Dr. Sajjadian

Ali Sajjadian, MD, FACS

Implant Size Selection

+1

I consider two factors when selecting implants for my patients:

1.Dimensional planning

2.Gel Implant Sizing system

Dimensional planning – The measurements of your chest wall are taken. Also, the breast dimensions including the height, width, and current dimensions of each breast form the basis of dimensional planning. Based on these measurements, the implant size is recommended. This will give you a unique breast implant that is suited for your body frame. However, there are some limitations of what size we can recommend. For instance, some implants may just be too big for a narrow chest wall. Your surgeon can review this with you during the consultation.

Gel Implant Sizing system – During the preliminary breast implant consultation, you will be provided with an option to “try on” a variety of implant shapes and sizes. You can also visualize the possible outcomes of your surgery which helps you to get that perfect size to give you the shape that you longed for. This way your preferences are known and you can then pick a range of implants that will “fit” just right to give a soft natural fuller look.  If you have decided on saline implants, then based on the gel sizer you select, we can guide you to the saline implant that achieves a similar look.

Hope this helps.

Dr. Basu
Houston, TX

C. Bob Basu, MD, FACS

Implant size

+1

Congratulations on your baby!!  You are seven months after your baby and approximately five months after stopping breast feeding.  You can consider improving the sagging and shape change by doing a breast lift (mastopexy).  Regaining your size of a E/F cup when you are currently a B is tricky- the general rule of thumb is approximatley 200cc of implant for every 1 cup size increase.  For a 5'3" person, 400cc is plenty for volume to avoid looking too "top heavy." 

Start with a visit to a board certified plastic surgeon in a month or so.  That will give you more time from the delivery.  The question you must ask yourself (at age 18) is do you plan to have more children?  That may affect some the decisions regarding a breast lift at this age. 

Best Wishes!!

Stefan Mark Szczerba, MD

Breast implants will restore your pre-baby size and increase your self-confidence.

+1

You really did lose volume after pregnancy!  Yes, you can get back your original breast size with implants of course and this will help get your confidence back.  You do have some sagging too, and a vertical lift can correct this.  You might want to start with the implants and hold off on the breast lift until later, particularly if you are planning to have more children.  But there is no reason you cannot have the combined procedure either.  I've attached a link to this part of my website in case you want more information.

Eric Swanson, MD
Kansas City Plastic Surgeon

Candidate for Breast Augmentation/Lift?

+1

Thank you for the question and picture.

Yes, at some point you may be a good candidate for breast augmentation ( as well as breast lifting)  surgery. Ideally, you will have achieved a long-term stable weight and  will have completed pregnancies as well. This is especially true if you are planning on additional pregnancies in the near future.

Although I cannot provide you with precise advice without direct examination and a full communication of your goals, some general advice may be helpful to you:

1. When the time is right, concentrate on choosing your plastic surgeon carefully.  Concentrate on appropriate training, certification, and the ability of the plastic surgeon to achieve the results you're looking for. Ask to see lots of examples of his/her work.

2. Have a full discussion and communication regarding your desired goals  with your plastic surgeon. This communication will be critical in determining  breast implant size/type/profile will most likely help achieve your goals. 
In my practice, the use of photographs of “goal” pictures (and breasts that are too big or too small) is very helpful. I have found that the use of words such as “natural”  or “ pre-baby breast size” etc means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful.
 Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on him who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup  size may also be inaccurate.

3.  Once you feel you have communicated your goals clearly,  allow your plastic surgeon to use his/her years of experience/judgment to choose the breast implant size/profile that will best meet your goals.  Again, in my practice, this decision is usually made during surgery.

What Size Implants for M

+1

A photo alone is no substitute for an in person exam at which time measurements will be taken. I like my patients to try on implants as a guide to choosing the size that will work best. 

It is quite likely that your surgeon will recommend a breast lift at the same time. 

A rough guide to cup size increase (and it is very rough) is one cup size increase for every 200-225 cc of implant volume, this based on a 36 band (the cups are smaller on a 34, still smaller on a 32). Cup sizes are not standardized!

When you ready for an in person consultation, RealSelf has listings of surgeons in your area. You should consider cross referencing the listings from the The American Society of Plastic Surgeons (plasticsurgery dot org). A listing in the ASPS website assures you that your surgeon is not only board certified,  but also is a member in good standing of the major plastic surgery organization in the U. S.
Thank your for your question, best wishes.

Breast implants and size

+1

Thank you for your question and for providing the photos. While the photo is not a substitute for an examination, it helps greatly. I do think that an implant could be placed to restore the volume that you lost after your pregnancy. It is very common to lose some volume after pregnancies, and also common to develop some sag as the skin loses some of its elasticity. It does appear that you have some ptosis, or sag, as well as some asymmetry, which would require a lift to correct.

The best way to select the right breast implant is to measure the width of your chest and the base of your breast. An implant should be selected whose width matches this. The projection and volume can then be selected based on this.This 3 dimensional approach will give a more natural and predictable result than thinking about volume alone. There are also sizing systems that can help you with this and give you an idea f how things will look in a bra.

I would suggest a consultation with a plastic surgeon to help you with this. They can discuss the options for you and help you select an implant that will achieve your goals.

Best of luck with your breasts.

Jeff Rockmore

Jeffrey Rockmore, MD
Albany Plastic Surgeon

Candidate for Breast Augmentation? Implant Size?

+1

Based on your photo, you are definitely a candidate for breast augmentation surgery. In order to figure out what sized implant you may need to get back to your pre-baby breast size, I recommend bringing your larger non-padded bras with you to your plastic surgeon's office. You will be able to place implant sizers in your old bra. Once you've chosen the sizer that fills that old bra, you've found the implant that will get you close to your previous breast size.

Thanks for your question. Hope this helps!

Gregory Park, MD