Am I a Candidate for a Full Tummy Tuck? (photo)

i really want a full tummy tuck due to childbirth i have real problems strengthening my core and also the stretch mark's i have got from it. is this procedure possible from what you can see?

Tummy Tuck for Mommy Makeover

+1

Thanks for submitting your photographs. From the pics it appears that you are a

reasonable candidate for a Full Tummy Tuck. Please note however that core

exercises like crunches are necessary to obtain and maintain the best result over

time.

Abdominoplasty candidates have excess abdominal skin which may sag, a

disproportionate or protruding abdomen, weakened or separated abdominal muscles, along

with possibly some excess fat concentrated in the abdomen.

If you might plan on losing more weight through non-surgical procedures, you

should wait until you have reached your ideal weight and after it has stabilized before

considering a tummy tuck. Otherwise, you seem to be a great candidate for this

procedure.

You would most likely enjoy having the results of a full tummy tuck with or without liposuctions.

+1

Thank you for your question and the photos.

To be sure, see two or more board-certified plastic surgeons in your area for a full and complete evaluation to make sure you are a good candidate and that it is safe for you to have surgery. I hope this helps.

J. Jason Wendel, MD, FACS

Yes, You're a Good Candidate for a Full Tummy Tuck

+1

By viewing your photos...I would say you have enough excess skin in need of removal, which would require a standard abdominalplasty (Tummy Tuck), also after having children often times the muscles bcome seperated which would also be repaired in addition to removing excess skin.

Gloria J. Thomas, MD

Full Abdominoplasty

+1

Based solely on these photos it appears you would be a great candidate for full abdominoplasty.  You definitely need to consult with one or more plastic surgeons who are certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery and who have much experience with abdominal and body-contouring procedures.  Best of wishes to you for a smooth recovery and excellent final result. 

L. Dwight Baker, MD
Dothan Plastic Surgeon

'Full' tummy tuck is a great surgical procedure

+1

I would say that you would benefit from an abdominoplasty that incorporates skin resection, umbilical rejuvenation and myofascial plication. This is a 'full' abdominoplasty, in my book.

Scott C. Sattler, MD, FACS

Lateral Tension Abdominoplasty - tummy tuck

+1
You are a very good candidate for an LTA (Lateral Tension Abdominoplasty) which is a specific version of a full tummy tuck. In this type of an abdominoplasty, a very low incision combined with high tension on the waistline reshapes your tummy and body.

Kevin Tehrani, MD, FACS

Candidate for Tummy Tuck?

+1

Thank you for your question and photos.

From the photos, it does look like you may benefit from abdominoplasty surgery.  The tummy tuck surgery will remove the excess skin and adipose tissue of the abdomen as well as tightening the abdominal muscles.

I would suggest visiting with well experienced, board certified plastic surgeons who can show you lots of examples of their work.

Candidate for a tummy tuck

+1

I think you would benefit from an abdominoplasty.   This will excise the redundant skin and even remove some of the subcutaneous flat.

David A. Lickstein, MD

Full tummy tuck?

+1

Judging from the photos you sent, I'd say "go for it".  See an ASPS member for an in-person consultation.

Michael Leff, MD
Bellevue Plastic Surgeon

Full Tummy Tuck

+1

Thanks for the pictures, they are very helpful.

You do appear to be a candidate for a full tummy tuck. This will help get rid of excess skin, excess fat and tighten the underlying muscles. 

John P. Stratis, MD
Harrisburg Plastic Surgeon