Am I a Candidate for Fat Transfer/bbl?

Got butt implants 3 yrs ago. Had a complication...1 implant became very mobile, revision was attempted. Surgeon tried to tighten the pocket and anchor the implant. That wasn't successful so I had them removed. Now my butt is a little asymmetrical and I want to get it fixed. Would I be a candidate for fat transfer or bbl to fix this or would scar tissue be an issue?

Patients who had complications with buttock implants may be treated with fat injection (BBL)

+2

Buttock implants have a high complication rate.  Many women end up having them removed later.  Fortunately, fat injection can be used to help restore volume, provided you have some fat donor sites (usually the tummy and love handles).  Asymmetry may be improved.  Scar tissue is not normally a contraindication.  So, yes, look into this option.

Kansas City Plastic Surgeon

Am I a Candidate for Fat Transfer/bbl?

+2

About 25% of my patients have had previous implants or Brazilian buttlifts, some with situations similar to yours. You can likely get a nice improvement.  I perform about 500 Brazilian buttlifts each year, and this procedure is the most surgeon dependent plastic surgery procedure.  Much of the grafting result depends upon the techniques utilized and the postoperative care.  Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of Brazilian buttlifts each year.  Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.

Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

BBL after buttocks implant removal

+2

Thank you for your question. I am sorry that you have had to go through the trouble of having implants and subsequently having them removed. Provided sufficient time has passed and the pocket of the implants are  adhered and closed, you may very well undergo autologous fat transfer to your buttocks (BBL).  Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon with expertise in BBL as well as buttock implants.

Kevin Tehrani, MD, FACS

Brazilian Butt Lift

+2

Provided you are in good medical health and have enough fat for transfer to meet you expectation, There is no contraindication presently to Brazilian Butt Lift

Fat Injections After Buttock Implant Removal

+2

If you have an adequate amount of fat, then fat injections could be done for your buttock augmentation. Having had implants removed previously does not exclude you from having fat injections into the same tissues.

Barry L. Eppley, MD, DMD