Am I a Candidate for Extended Tummy Tuck Now? (photo)

I am 45, 5'8, 205 pounds and have two children. I lost 85 pounds over the last year. I've been working out 5x a week, walk 8-10 miles, yoga 1x week, swim aerobics 1x a week & weight training 2x week. I have been stuck at this weight for about 5 months, eating a balanced diet and tracking every calorie. Based on my photos, would I be a good candidate for a extended tummy tuck with lipo? My goal weight is 185-190. Do I have more internal or external fat??

Extended Tummy Tuck

+2

Yes you are a candidate now for the extended tummy tuck ($6930) if you are otherwise healthy. The last patient I removed a panniculus as big as yours, woke up after surgery, looked down and got a tear in her eye, she was so happy! It will supercharge your motivation to get the last 20 lbs off just to have that apron gone.   Dr Foster

Sacramento Plastic Surgeon

Extended Tummy Tuck Candidate

+1

Thank you for sharing your photos. I think you are an excellent candidate for an extended tummy tuck. When I evaluate the abdomen, I assess:

1. The amount of loose skin

2. The volume of fatty tissue

3. The degree of muscle laxity.

I evaluate this in each of 3 areas:

1. Upper Abdomen

2. Area around the Belly Button

3. Lower Abdomen

MINI TUMMY TUCK: If a patient has loose skin, fatty tissue, and muscle laxity limited to the Lower Abdomen, then I recommend the mini tummy tuck. In order to qualify for this, the patient must have good skin and muscle tone in their upper abdomen and area around the belly button. I will frequently perform liposuction of these areas with my Mini Tummy Tuck to enhance the overall contour.

FULL TUMMY TUCK: this is for patients who have loose skin and muscle laxity of the upper abdomen, belly button area, and lower abdomen. This procedure tightens all 3 areas with a bikini line incision. I often encorporate liposuction with my full tummy tuck as I feel it offers a superb end result.

EXTENDED TUMMY TUCK: This works well for patients who have loose skin that extends over the hip bone into the flank area. I will perform extensive liposuction and skin excision to the hip and flank area combined with full tummy tuck.

BODY LIFT/BELT LIPECTOMY: this is essentially a 360 degree tummy tuck which involves removal of loose skin and fatty tissue of the lower back and buttocks, in addition to the extended tummy tuck.

I wish you a safe recovery and amazing result!!

Dr. Gill

Paul S. Gill, MD

Tummy tuck

+1

I believe you are an excellent candidate for a tummy tuck.  You clearly have a large amount of loose skin on your abdomen which is probably causing your poor posture and could lead to back problems.  Since you are stuck at your current weight, I would go ahead and perform a tummy tuck on you at this point, realizing that it probably will not give you a completely flat abdomen.  However, it would be a tremendous improvement and might give you the incentive to lose more weight and ultimately get down to your ideal weight.  At that time you may need the tummy tuck redone if you have further skin laxity.  But I see no reason to hold off on a tummy tuck at this point since I think the improvement would be substantial.

Ronald J. Edelson, MD