Am I a Candidate for Cheek Augmentation? (photo)

I've always thought that my cheekbones were weak, am I incorrect in this assumption? Would cheek augmentation benefit the aesthetics of my face? If not, what would?

Cheek Augmentation makes faces look better

+1

Your face, like most faces would be enhanced with cheek augmentation.  Fillers like Restylane, Perlane, and Radiesse may be placed under the eyes and in the lateral cheek area.  This would add definition and some angularity to your face.  Looking at the photo on the left (in blue), some filler in the chin area would be nice also.

Most faces look better and more defined with some cheek and chin augmentation. 

Search for someone with a lot of experience in fillers.  Start off with something light like Restylane or Perlane.  If you like their technique, consider something longer lasting like Radiesse or Artefill.

Good luck in your search for information!

Bay Area Facial Plastic Surgeon

Would Cheek Augmentation Improve The Look Of My Face?

+1

You are correct in your assessment that your cheeks are flatter in the overall shape of your face. Your face is long with a wide nose. This makes your cheeks look weaker than they otherwise would be. Whether cheek augmentation would be helpful is best determined by doing computer imaging first. Images should be done with and without rhinoplasty surgery also to see if one or both creates the best aesthetic change. 

Barry L. Eppley, MD, DMD

Are you a candidate for a cheek augmentation?

+1

It is very difficult to tell from your photographs if you would benefit from a cheek augmentation but from this angle it does not appear that your cheeks are as "weak" as you say they are. I recommend you see a board certified cosmetic dermatologist for a good in-person evaluation. Radiesse injections are something you may consider because surgery is not required. You can get a gradual correction depending upon how many syringes you have injected and you can decide as you go exactly how much correction looks good.

Mitchell Schwartz, MD
South Burlington Dermatologic Surgeon