Am I a Candidate for a Breast Reduction from a 'C Cup' to an 'A Cup'?

I'm a 21 year old female, approx 5ft 7, 120lbs. I'm a competitive road cyclist. Whilst cycling isn't high impact, I find my breasts (even though they're not *that* big) get in the way when I'm doing TT's and throw off my watt/kg value (crucial in cycling). I've never been comfortable with my breasts, they're quite pendulous and I feel my sport would be easier with a smaller bust. I appreciate that I would probably have to go private for this procedure and am not fussed about scarring. Thank you!

C cup to an A cup

+1

To go from a "C" cup to an "A" cup is often not associated with a good  shape or look. It would require a technique similar to a mastectomy to achieve an "A" cup.  I would not recommend it.

Wanting a reduction for better lifestyle

+1

Your request is legitimate but achieving an A cup is quite challenging.  Talk to a couple of surgeons in your area and see if they can meet your expectations as not all are able to.  And if you are adamant about an A cup, know what your surgeon's revision policy is as you may need on to achieve your ultimate goals.

Curtis Wong, MD

Breast Reduction from C to A Cup?

+1

Although it is not possible to provide you with precise advice without  a thorough consultation process, generally speaking it is possible to reduce/lift breasts as you describe.  It seems like you have considered the pros/cons ( including scarring)  associated with breast reduction surgery.

I would suggest that you meet with board certified plastic surgeons who can demonstrate significant experience helping patients achieve their goals with breast lifting/reduction surgery. Communicate your goals carefully. Discussing your goals in terms of cup size may be confusing/misleading. In my practice, I prefer the use of goal pictures during this communication process. In other words, show your plastic surgeon what you would like to achieve as well as what is too big or too small.

The attached link may be helpful to you as you learn more about breast reduction surgery (as well as potential risk/complications…).