I am a 49 yrs, 5'5" and weighs 115. Am I a Candidate for Brazilian Butt Lift? (photo)

I am a 49 yrs, 5'5" and weighs 115. I've always had an athletic build and fairly muscular due to weight training, but the last few years I've lost muscle and gained a lot of skin laxity. I hate this aging, but mostly my flat butt! I had the same issue with breast ptosis and had a benelli lift with saline implants 11 years ago. My husband thinks I am ridiculous, especially the $$$. I would be very disappointed if a BBL didn't yield great results or last. Not looking for a shelf butt, just round!

Candidate for the Brazilian Butt Lift...... When you are underweight?

+2

Unfortunately, you are not a very good candidate for the Brazilian Butt Lift.  You are actually under weight.  You do appear to have some extra fat of your waistline and flank areas, but not much.  Removing this fat via liposuction would improve your figure and shape of your buttocks, but it will in no way fill it out entirely. One option I often suggest is to gain a few pounds.  Wherever you gain it, we can remove it and transfer it to your buttocks.

Brazilian Butt Lift

+2

You do not have enough fat to transfer to your butt to get a great result. Seek another in person consultation.

Skinny Patients Not Ideal for Brazilian Butt Lift Procedure

+1

Brazilian Butt Lift Requires More Fat Than Most Anticipate. Unfortunately, from your photo and measurement you probably do not have enough fat to satisfy your wishes.
Most patients don't realize that only about 20-25% of fat removed is suitable for fat transfer. Also, not all of the fat that is transferred not all survives. In other words from you photos you may not have all of the fat required to achieve your goals of buttock augmentation though you will benefit from the procedure.

Larry S. Nichter, MD, MS, FACS

Candidate for Brazilian Butt Lift (Augmentation)

+1

Brazilian Butt Lift (Augmentation) is performed by removing fat from areas of fat excess such as the abdomen (belly), flanks-hips and or thighs and then transferring the fat to the buttocks.  If there are no areas of fat excess, the procedure can not be performed.  

Craig Mezrow, MS, MD
Philadelphia Plastic Surgeon

Am I a Candidate for a Brazilian Butt Lift?

+1
At 115 pounds, you don't have enough fat to do a Brazilian Butt Lift. Most women doing a BBL to increase their buttocks and lift it weight between 130-160 pounds. Sometimes I have patients gain weight before the procedure because the excess fat they gain will be removed with liposuction. You need a significant amount of fat to make a nice difference and shape with a BBL since some of the fat gets resorbed. Otherwise, you could consider buttocks implants.

Stanley Castor, MD