Am I a candidate for blepharoplasty? (photo)

I am 16 years old and I've been wanting to get blepharoplasty (hereditary reasons) done for several years because I think my eyes make me look mad. Right now, I'm quite young but is it possible to have it done at age 17-18 in Canada ? This is a picture of my face without any makeup.

Blepharoplasty

+2

I don't think you need blepharoplasty, unless there is asymmetry between your eyes, which I cannot tell since your photo only shows one eye.

Beverly Hills Oculoplastic Surgeon

Am I a candidate for blepharoplasty?

+1

Judging from the photo, which shows less than half your face, you appear to have very nice features. I wonder what hereditary factors you are referring to. I recommend you have a good talk with your family physician or a counsellor to explore the reasons you feel you need to have facial surgery. All the best.

Eric Pugash, MD
Vancouver Plastic Surgeon

Blepharoplasty

+1

I don't think you need a blepharoplasty. Your eyes look fine. You wouldn't be able to have a cosmetic blepharoplasty until you were 18 unless it was for post-traumatic or reconstructive purposes. In your case, you're being too critical of yourself. You don't need anything.

Asif Pirani, MD, FRCS(C)

Eyes

+1

Despite your young age you appear to have very low eyebrows and that maybe what makes you appear mad not your eyelids

Frederic H. Corbin, MD
Brea Plastic Surgeon