I'm petite and weigh 111 lbs. Am I a Candidate for BBL?

When the fat is removed, will there be excess skin hanging on my abdomen? I'm petite and weigh 111 lbs. I have fat on the love handles and front abdomen and upper back. Can I expect moderate improvement? My butt is flat.There is no fat on my thighs.

Candidate for butt augmentation

+1

If you weigh 111 pounds, most likely you are not a candidate for this procedure. Certainly, if you have a lax skin and you perform a liposuction in the abdomen, your skin will be saggier. Remember: A liposuction only removes the fat; it doesn't take care of the skin problem.

There's no need to be concerned about this. You need to understand that you will have excessive skin and your abdomen will not look as good after the surgery.  You will require a tummy tuck to fix your excessive skin problem.

Only a physical exam by a plastic surgeon with experience in this procedure will allow the surgeon to determine what is the best option for you.

Impossible to judge candidacy without an exam

+1

Hi there-

There is no way that any of us could responsibly say whether or not you are a candidate for this procedure without first examining you.

The procedure (when in the hands of an expert) is safe and it does work- but first you need to find a surgeon whose work you admire and visit for a consultation.

Armando Soto, MD, FACS

All the world is a candidate for BBL

+1

Dear NJPepper,

As you know, the BBL or Brazilian Butt Lift, has become a very popular procedure.  Most patients with any amount of excess fat on their bodies are candidates for the procedure.  The specific question that you ask regarding the skin loosening on your abdomen can only be answered after an examination.  Women that have had pregnancies or significant weight loss tend to have lost at least some of the elasticity of their abdominal skin.  A good indicator of this loss of elasticity is the presence of stretch marks.  So, if you have stretch marks then it is likely that your skin would become loose after liposuction.  I would recommend consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon who is experienced in BBLs.  Your goals and expectations can be discussed and your options reviewed.  Good luck!

Kenneth R. Francis, MD

Brazilian Butt Lifts and the Amount of Donor Site Fat

+1

By your very description of being petite and 111lbs, I would doubt very highly if a Brazilian Butt LIft is technically possible on you. You probably do not have enough fat to harvest to make fat injections to the buttock worthwhile. While I have no idea what your body looks like, it it just hard to imagine anyone at that weight being a good candidate. There is the possibility of some minor buttock shaping with perimeter liposuction and a small amount of fat injections but only a physical examination can determine if that is worthwhile.

Barry L. Eppley, MD, DMD

Am I a candidate for the Brazilian Butt Lift?

+1

You have supplied us with just a bit of information. On preliminary review if you are petite and 111 pounds and quite flat it suggests that you probably don't have much fat for the procedure. The fat in your waist and lower abdomen may be minimal. But you may have fat elsewhere, such as the arms and inner thighs. I have been able to obtain fat from multiple donor sites in petite patients to be able to get some enhancement of the buttocks. But the first thing you need to do is to make an appointment for a consultation with a Board Certified Platic Surgeon experienced in buttock augmentation so you can be properly examined. Good luck!

George Lefkovits, MD

Come in and be seen

+1

It is impossible to know without seeing you. True BBLs involve the removal of a goodly amout of fat and reinjection into the buttocks, if you don't have enough fat, perhaps some other liposcultpuring can be done.

William B. Rosenblatt, MD

Brazilian butt lift and candidates

+1

The Brazilian butt lift is a liposuction fat injection. The liposuction probably plays a larger role in creating an hourglass figure then the fat injection. When you create a narrow waist the buttocks automatically looks better. Also that fat is a storage compartment and when you take away the storage compartment from stomach and waist the next storage in line will have to take over, this is usually the buttocks.

I have done liposuction and fat injection in patients and had good results in creating a curvy figure. This is the best procedure for creating shape and I think you will have success.

Wendell Perry, MD