Am I a Candidate for a Second Abdominoplasty? (photo)

Hi, I am considering going in for a consultation for an abdominoplasty revision. I had my initial surgery about 8 years ago after my first child. Now that a few years have gone by and I had another child, my weight has gone up and down. Last July I had VSG surgery so I was able to get the remaining weight I wanted off. I do not have very much lax skin so I am skeptical that this will be an option. My main problem with my stomach is the stretch marks being more visible because of the loose skin.

Second tummy tuck after child birth

+1

You are a candidate. Certainly muscle tightening after child birth will help your profile. You should not expect to have all the stretch marks removed as you do have them above your umbillicus.

Scar revision and abdominal wall tightening

+1

Thank you for the question and photo.  Most of what you are trying to accomplish involves the abdominal wall (muscles).  By excising a strip of skin where your current incision is at you will accomplish two things: lower the incisio slightly and getting access to the abdominal wall to re-tighten it.

Dr Remus Repta

Web reference: http://www.aaaplasticsurgery.com/plastic-surgery/tummy-tuck.cfm

Candidate for revision abdominoplasty

+1

Thank for your question and the photos. I think you are a candidate for revision tummy tuck. The pictures show muscle laxity and you will benefit from plication of the midline. As for the excess skin, it is only with in person exam it could be determined.

My advice for you is to get a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon. During the consultation you goals, hopes and concerns will be addressed. Most of the stretch marks will most likely stay. But, I think you will see a significant improvement with a revision tummy tuck.

Secondary Abdominoplasty

+1

Without seeing you in person and doing a thorough examination, it is impossible to give you specific advice.  However, based on your pictures, it looks like you could benefit from a tighter rectus plication to flatten your abdomen and also more skin excision and to lower your scar.  

Good Luck.

Web reference: http://www.ShaferPlasticSurgery.com

Second Tummy Tuck

+1

Thank you  for the pictures.  A good physical exam would tell the whole story but based on your compliant and your pictures you would have minimal excess skin to  no skin to remove.  Certainly the minimal that might be able to removed would not address all of your stretch marks.

Dr. ES