Am I a Candidate for Eyelid Surgery?

I am in my 20s. Could a talented surgeon make my eyes look bigger and more awake? Thank you very much.

Changing eye shape / eyelid surgery in young patients

+4

Just because patients have heavy brows or eyelids congenitally does NOT mean they need surgery, especially when they are very young.  If the beautiful actors/actresses gracing the silver screen who have "brooding eyes" ended up in surgery to conform to an expected ideal of eyelid or brow shape, they might not be nearly as beautiful, and might never have gotten their parts!

The decision to have surgery is based on artistic as much as mathematical factors.

Patients in their 20's who are contemplating such surgery should be very cautious, seek many opinions by ethical and experienced surgeons, and definitely avoid having a freakish, operated appearance!

Blepharoplasty to make eyes look more open

+3

You have beautiful eyes!

Removing some of the skin with eyelid surgery (blepharoplasty) can help you achieve a wider-eyed appearance with more visible upper eyelid.

Paul C. Zwiebel, MD
Denver Plastic Surgeon

Candidate for eyelid surgery

+2

There is nothing that needs to be done to these eyelids. Aesthetically, they appear to be excellent looking eyelids, no surgery should be performed on them.  

Too young for surgery.

+2

I agree with Dr. Moelleken, you are too young and your eyes are beautiful to have surgery. Leave them alone. You have a minor amount of hooding which can be corrected but I would suggest Botox if anything. A small amount placed just below your lateral eyebrow can help. Be sure to go to an experienced cosmetic surgeon. I think blepharoplasty or brow lift procedures would be over kill and it will give you that “over operated “ look. Hope this helps, good luck.

Kenneth Bermudez, MD

Could a talented surgeon make my eyes look bigger and more awake?

+1

If your picture truly reflects your eyelid position, then your may have ptosis, which means a droopy eyelid. This really needs to be evaluated in person.  Your eyelid muscles may be able to be tightened to open your eyelids more and give you that more awake look that you desire.  You should see an Oculoplastic Surgeon for this.  You can get more information from my website if you would like, the link is below.

Sam Goldberger, MD
Beverly Hills Oculoplastic Surgeon

You may benefit from ptosis repair, but not upper blepharoplasty.

+1

I read your concern and reviewed the photo of your right eye. You may have a slightly droopy eyelid (ptosis), and you would need to consult a reputable ophthalmologist to confirm this diagnosis. Repair of congenital ptosis, in the right hands, will lift the margin of your eyelid and make your eyes look bigger.

If you undergo upper blepharoplasty with removal of upper eyelid skin, that may worsen your appearance.

I hope this is helpful for you.

Eric M. Joseph, MD
West Orange Facial Plastic Surgeon

Do not touch your eyes

+1

You have very beautiful eyes and please do not let anybody touch them for now. You have little extra skin over the upper lid,but surgery would be overkill...

Kamran Khoobehi, MD
New Orleans Plastic Surgeon

Candidate for Eyelid Surgery

+1

Possibly for ONLY upper lids but an in person examination will determine if you are a true candidate. I would based upon the photo do a skin only upper lid blepharoplasty. From MIAMI Dr. Darryl J. Blinski, 305 598 0091

Eyelid surgery to make eyes bigger and more awake

+1

You photo shows two components, dermatochalasis (extra skin) and ptosis (drooping of the eyelid). Both can be addressed by an experienced surgeon. I recommend an oculoplastics surgeon; they are specifically trained in plastic surgery around the eyes.

The attached video link shows surgery for droopy eyelid in a young person like yourself.

Carlo Rob Bernardino, MD
Monterey Oculoplastic Surgeon

Blepharoplasty possible for client in their 20's.

+1

You do not submit any photos, but if you have "heavy" upper eyelids, this can be easily  corrected by removal of the "excess" fat and skin. The lower eyelids can sometimes respond well and "round out" with just 1-2 units of Botox just below the lash line in the center of the lid- this lasts about 3 months before needing to be repeated. If you have a clear idea of how you would like your  eyes to look, try to bring a photo of this to your consultation with a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.

Debra Irizarry, MD
Crestone Plastic Surgeon