I am 25 years old and healthy, I have a very small chin. Am I a Candidate for a Chin Implant? (photos)

I am 25 years old and healthy, I have a very small chin and am wondering if I am a candidate for an implant, I also have very fat cheeks and a very week Jaw. I was wondering if A. a chin implant will give my face a more balanced look and B. if I am not a candidate what are my other options?

Chin implant

+1

When performed properly by a highly skilled surgeon, a chin implant may yield excellent results and balance your face very nicely. It will likely enhance the appearance of your jawline as well. I would really need to examine you in person to directly answer the question of whether or not you are a good candidate. Please feel free to contact my office to schedule a consultation. My contact information is listed in my profile. Thank you and best of luck to you.

Chin implant will improve weak chin and jaw

+1

Yes, you are an excellent candidate for a chin implant.  You lower mandible is moderately recessive and would require a medium sized silastic chin implant such as those made by Implant Tech.

Chin Implantis the Simplest Option

+1

As other posters have noted, your profile demonstrates a retruded chin.  However, there is no information available about your dental occlusion.  If your bite is normal, an extra large anatomically designed silastic chin implant (my preference is the Mittelman pre-jowl implant) would provide a very nice result.  As others have noted, a sliding genioplasty is also an option.  If your dental occlusion is not aligned, orthognathic surgery is probably a better choice.  This last option is much more complicated and requires a great deal more recovery time.

Stephen Prendiville, MD
Fort Myers Facial Plastic Surgeon

Chin implants are exellent for creating facial balance

+1

There are a number of options for facial profile enhancement. The simplest is a chin implant. There are a number of shape and size options that can be used depending on your needs. More invasive surgery might include cutting and sliding the bone, called a sliding genioplasty. If you have an abnormal bite, orthognathic surgery can restore a normal bite at the same time as improving your profile, but this is extensive surgery.

Steven J. Pearlman, MD

Chin Implant for Weak Chin and Jaw

+1

You have an exceptionally recessive chin from what I can tell from the photo. What I cannot see is the occlusion of your teeth and the anatomy of your jaw (the latter requires an X-ray). These will have a bearing on what the options of correction are. Some, and occasionally significant, improvement can be achieved with a simple implant no matter what the underlying occlusion and anatomy. Sometimes this is a reasonable alternative, even when a jaw repositioning is the best solution. I would see a Plastic Surgeon who has experience with implants and maxillofacial (bony) remodeling.

Robert T. Buchanan, MD
Highlands Plastic Surgeon

Chin Implant

+1

From the picture posted you may be a candidate.

How ever the decision for any surgery require extensive exam of the facial bones, the proportions of the face the bite and what are your expectations and needs.

After thorough exam by your BOARD CERTIFIED PLASTIC SURGEON then a discusion of what is the best procedure available to you and the potential risks, and alternatives.

Chin implant

+1

From your so kind posting of a photo YES! you are a candidate for a chin implant. Also a sliding genioplasty. Go see 3 boarded PS's in your area.

From MIAMI DR. B

Your small chin and week jaw may be improved with Chin Implant Surgery.

+1

I reviewed your profile photo, and you appear to be a good candidate for Chin Implant Surgery. This is a 30-minute procedure that I perform with a small incision under your chin. I prefer "Extended Anatomical" implants from Implantech. There is very little downtime, and silicone elastomer implants have a long track record of reliability and safety.

I hope you find this helpful.

Eric M. Joseph, MD
West Orange Facial Plastic Surgeon

Implant Chin Augmentation

+1

The choice of an implant chin augmentation would depend on your antomy. Without a photograph it is impossibe to comment specifically on your case. Certain condition of severe retruded or "weak" chins are better served by several types of gENIOPLASTY in which the chin is actually sawn and advanced either forward or forward and inferiorly where it is fixed in place. Chin implants are used is simpler cases and the choice of a particular implant would depend on the look you want to achieve.

Chin enlargement options

+1

I do not see any pictures which would greatly facilitiate this assessement. Generally speaking if your teeth are in alignment than a chin implant is a reasonable option. If your teeth are not in alignment (normal occlusion) than you may benefit from orthognathic surgery. other alternatives include facial liposuction, buccal fat extraction, non-surgical chin augmentation with fillers.