Am I a candidate for butt fat transfer?

I am in toronto and am interested in fat transfer to my butt. Do I have enough to make a significant difference???

Candidate for a Brazilian butt lift

+2

To be a good candidate for the Brazilian butt lift, you need to have fat. Now, how much fat you have and how this translates into the size of the buttocks you want will depend on a physical examination. The picture that you offer is a back view, which doesn't tell me exactly how much fat you have. Now, to have significant results in your buttocks, I typically inject at least 650 cc of fat into each buttock; that is, 1.5 L of fat. Whenever I assess a body to determine potential candidates for surgery, more views are needed including the back view, side view, and front view. Ultimately, nothing can replace a physical exam. This video will clarify some of your questions regarding who is a good candidate for the Brazilian butt lift.

You can have butt fat transfer

+2
Annon987,
yes it looks like you have sufficient amount of fat in your love handles that can be used.  A side and front picture to show your abdomen would also be helpful.
The main question is, how much fat are you hoping to transfer to your buttocks?  you already seem to have very nicely shaped butt, so the question is how much bigger want to go, and what shape are you looking for.  These are questions that are best answered in a consultation.  At that time you would have the opportunity to discuss your desired goals and learn about the procedure and it's benefits.

Sincerely,

Martin Jugenburg

Martin Jugenburg, MD

ENOUGH FAT TO TRANSFER

+1
To be a good candidate for a fat transfer, a patient must have adequate fat to transfer and a realistic expectation of the results of a fat transfer.  With the single view you provided it appears that you would have some fat available around the flanks and back areas to suction but it may not be enough to have a significant impact in the volume of your buttocks.  Without a physical examination to evaluate the other areas of your body it is difficult to provide an opinion as to whether or not you have enough fat to help you get the look you desire.  Any areas of the body with fatty deposits can be liposuctioned so fat could be taken from your abdomen or thighs in conjunction with the flanks and back areas.  Suctioning all of those areas should provide your plastic surgeon adequate fat to transfer.  I recommend finding a board certified plastic surgeon and scheduling a consultation.  During the consultation process, your plastic surgeon can confirm that you are a good candidate for a fat transfer procedure as well as which areas of the body you should have liposuctioned to get the optimum result.

Be well and good luck!

@norrisplastic

Morgan E. Norris, MD, FACS

Candidate for butt fat transfer

+1
There are areas to take the fat from. However, it is unclear your objectives and goals. Therefore, we can not determine if you have enough to meet your objectives and goals. Consult with three board certified plastic surgeons to understand your options.

Kris M. Reddy, MD, FACS

Candidate for Butt Transfer

+1
This is a common question as not everyone is a good candidate for a Brazilian Butt Lift. Brazilian butt lift is so popular because it enables your plastic surgeon to transform your entire shape. Liposuction is performed over several areas depending on the individual patient needs, but typically of the flanks, abdomen, back and thighs.

In your case you would get a phenomenal result. You already have some shape to your buttock that will be enhanced by the procedure. Also with liposuction of your flanks it will enhance your overall shape.

Unfortunately fat cannot be taken from someone else and used for augmentation. However if a patient has a BMI of 22 they typically will have enough fat for the Brazilian butt lift. If they are smaller than this then they will need to consider doing an augmentation with implants.

When considering this procedure it is very important that you have your procedure performed by a board certified plastic surgeon that performs this surgery routinely.

In general of the procedures that I perform this is one where patients tend to be universally extremely happy.

Johnny Franco, MD

Good candidate for buttock augmentation with autologous fat

+1

Your photo indicates that you have significant fat in the lateral flank and sacral areas (the sides and mid-portion of the lower back). These are good donor areas for fat to use for buttock augmentation. The natural curves of the lower back and buttock area are enhanced by liposuction of these donor areas in combination with lipo-augmentation of the buttocks. See the web reference for an example of improvement of this aesthetic area after fat transfer.

Robert C. Langdon, MD
Guilford Dermatologic Surgeon