Am I a Candidate for the Benelli Lift or Cresent Lift?

Im only 19 years old. So obviously scars for a breast lift would just be as devastating as my sagging breast. Also My breasts are large but i also want cleavage. Would I look obnoxious? So am I a candidate? Is there anyway to know what my results would be?

Benelli or Crescent lift? NO to both.

+4

I agree with your concern about scars, especially since both Benelli scars (around the entire areola) and the crescent scars (around the top half of each areola) are "front and center" no matter how well they heal. And, they are ALWAYS visible and permanent. Some are better, and some are worse, but all scars are non-returnable once placed.

Also, a crescent lift gives virtually no lift at all, so getting a scar for essentially NO visible improvement (not to mention the cost, no matter how "minimal") is not a good deal at all. The Benelli lift CAN yield conservative improvements, but the "purse-stringing" that often results is also a bummer, as well as the cookie-cutter scars around your areolas. Again, the degree of lift is sometimes worth neither the scars nor the cost.

So, you COULD have a breast augmentation for more cleavage, but you already (by your own description) have "large" breasts, so cleavage, as I tell patient after patient, is the function of a push-up bra. Some women don't have anything (or much) to push up, but you have beautifully full breasts. So, unless you want even bigger breasts to achieve fuller cleavage without a bra, you really don't even need implants.

Which brings me to my final comments. Actually, I think you have a beautiful figure and very pretty breasts that are full and teardrop-shaped. Your nipples face forward, and are above the inframammary crease (try the pencil test). Most larger breasts have this natural shape--only capsular-contracted augmented breast have the high, round, "Baywatch" look that some women ask for. These are not the beautiful, natural breasts you have been blessed with, that somehow you have become unhappy with.

If you came to see me, I would try to ascertain just what you like and don't like about your breasts, and then proceed accordingly. But, doing nothing is really the best option, IMHO. Please save your money for something else, be happy, and enjoy your cute figure! I know that falls on deaf ears in some cases, but I truly believe you will be unhappy with what either of these options offer (very little), and you probably don't really want a full lift and the scars that go with that. Best wishes!

Minneapolis Plastic Surgeon

Strongly recommend against surgery

+3

At age 19, and based on the pictures, i would recommend no surgery at this time.  21 years of experience tell me that the trade-off of scars for a very slight improvement is not worth it in your case. If you heal with anything less than perfect scars, certainly not guaranteed, you will look worse and feel worse about your results than you do now.

David Shuter, MD
Jupiter Plastic Surgeon

Avoid a breast lift

+2

At 19, my vote would be to avoid a breast lift altogether. The crescent lift is of little value for most, and the Benelli or around the nipple lift would have a flattening effect with an unfortunate scar at your age. You are fine just the way you are.

peterejohnsonmd

Breast lift at 19 - Not in your case!

+2

From the pictures you posted, I would suggest simply getting properly fitted and then buying quality bras to achieve the cleavage you are looking for because cleavage is a function of the bra or bathing suit lifting and moving the breasts closer together. Cleavage is not a natural state of any size breasts when unclothed. There is nothing wrong with your natural breast shape and going in to change them with surgery would be a terrible idea in my opinion. Over time and perhaps with pregnancy, you may experience some sagging that a certified plastic surgeon will be able to lift but at this point, surgery is not necessary, would be a waste of money, and would leave you with scars that you said would be devastating.  Most women I see for breast augmentation or breast lifts would love to have your natural breasts!

Andrew Kaczynski, MD
Sacramento Plastic Surgeon

Benelli lift

+2

At 19 you may want to consider doing nothing at this point. The reason being is that you seem to have concerns about having incisions placed on your breasts.  If you want a lift, that is what is required.  Fuller breast often require an implant.

+2

thanks for the posted photos. I would either recommend no surgery or Liposuction with fat transfer to upper poles of your breasts and possible crescent /donut lift. But best to be examined in person to discuss your options. 

Am I a candidate for a Benelli lift or Crescent lift?

+2
A Benelli lift lifts the areola but does not really lift the breast. The Crescent lift does even less...in my opinion, it often just results in an oval shaped areola and wider scars. "Cleavage" exists when you wear a push-up bra or otherwise push your breasts together. No lift gives you cleavage. Implants give you more medial fullness, as well as more upper pole fullness, but of course a larger breast. Implants in a sagging breast without a lift will look terrible. My advice? Do nothing at this point. Although you are unhappy with your breasts, it sounds like you would find the necessary scars to do a proper and effective lift, with or without implants, to be equally "devastating". Personally I do find your breasts to be aesthetically objectionable, the shape is pleasing, and I would postpone thinking about any surgical option until you are ready to accept the resulting scars which MUST include at least a vertical component...I guarantee that any "lift" with just an areolar scar will leave you hating the scar and the areolar distortion and the lack of any improvement in shape and regretting that you ever did it.

Robert M. Grenley, MD

Breast Lifting Scars

+2

Frankly, I would not suggest surgery for you at this point in your life. This is because, based on your pictures and description of your goals, you would benefit from breast lifting and augmentation; on the other hand, you state that the  “scars associated with the breast lift would would be just as devastating”.  The words you use here should be a red flag to yourself and any consulting plastic surgeon In regards to your preparedness for the procedure at this time.

In general, breast augmentation/breast lifting helps patients who are dissatisfied with breast size and or breast position on the chest wall. The downside (compromise) is the presence of scars. Patients who are prepared to undergo the breast augmentation/ lifting surgery must be at a place in their life where they can accept the scars (from the physical  and psychosocial standpoint).

Implant surgery

+1

With proper implant selection and quality of your breast tissue you may be a candidate for a Benelli type doughnut mastopexy.  This type of lift works best if you are only removing areolar skin.  Also know that this type of breast lift has the highest rate of patient dissatisfaction if it is pushed too far.  I think you are a better candidate for a implant with out a lift at your age.

Breast Lift Options.

+1

Thanks for your question.  I would start by saying that if you are not okay with scars being permanently placed on your breast than do not have any surgery performed.  Scars can always be placed if you decided to have a lift, however, once there they can never be removed.  Based on your photos and comments I would suggest that you not have anything done at this time.

Shaun Parson, MD
Phoenix Plastic Surgeon