Am I a candidate for Liposuction of love handles?

I'm 19 years old am 5'8" and 140 pounds and I have been struggling along with my parents with love handles. No matter how my diet is or how much I workout they are always there. It's my biggest insecurity, even though I'm younger am I still a candidate?

Lipo for Love Handles

+1

It sounds like you are the perfect candidate for liposuction (from your question). The best candidate is someone who is fit or fairly fit and has one or two areas of exercise resistant fatty deposits. It is ok that you are only 19. I wouldn't recommend lipo for kids or young teenagers, but at 19 you are ok. I agree with the other doctors who answered, you should get a consultation with a reputable surgeon who has done many cases and has expertise in the area. This could be a plastic surgeon, or a derm surgeon.

Seattle Dermatologic Surgeon

BBL

+1

To best help you, please send in some pictures consisting of a front, back, left and right side view of your body in order to determine which procedures and techniques would be best for your case.

Jaime Campos Leon, MD
Mexico Plastic Surgeon

+1

Your age is not an issue. By all means go and get a consultation to find out if it is right for you. Patients benefit greatly in self esteem from these surgeries when they are good candidates.

Ronald V. DeMars, MD

Love handles do great with liposuction.

+1

Getting your love handles removed by liposuction is such a great thing since it is so easy when done under tumescent local and costs roughly $4500 on special. Sincerely,

David Hansen,MD

David Hansen, MD
Beverly Hills Dermatologic Surgeon

Liposuction for body contour is a good option for a 19-year-old.

+1

liposuction is a simple and safe procedure and someone who is not obese often times performed without general anesthesia. You sound like a good candidate.

19 year old liposuction

+1

Absolutely! If you are in good health and have tried to diet and exercise to lose stubborn fat in the love handle area, you are a good candidate for liposuction.

The surgery may take less than a hour as an outpatient procedure.

Consult a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.

Best wishes!

George C. Peck, Jr, MD
West Orange Plastic Surgeon

+1

Most likely, you are a good candidate, but an exam would be necessary to confirm.

Liposuction results are highly surgeon dependent. Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of liposuction and liposuction revision procedures each year. Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.

Liposuction at 19

+1

Yes. Liposuction makes sense. You are tall and not overweight. You want to change your proportions. That is what liposuction does best.

Elizabeth Morgan, MD, PhD