Zerona Laser for Midriff and Stomach Areas?

I am considering Zerona laser for midriff area and stomach. What kind of results can I get? These areas are the only things that bother me when I loose weight. The fat is in my legs and bottom, but my midriff is larger than my stomach. I am 20 lbs. overweight.

Zerona for stomach areas

+1

If you are 20 lbs. overweight, I recommend you consider conventional diet and exercise first.  Zerona is a painless, low-level energy laser that can achieve a circumferential reduction in fat in some patients.  It is not intended for weight loss.  After you have reached your goal weight, I recommend that you consult with a board-certified dermatologist or plastic surgeon for an in-person evaluation if you still have problem areas.  He or she would be able to assess your fat distribution and consistency to determine whether you would be best suited for Zerona, liposuction, CoolSculpting by Zeltiq, Liposonix or another fat-removal treatment option. 

Long Island Dermatologic Surgeon

Zerona Laser is a generalized treatment for fat reduction.

+1

Zerona is designed for generalized fat removal and not for specific areas like midriff and Stomach.It does not work well  in my my limited experience - so ask what happens if you are one of the unfortunate ones without results.

Larry S. Nichter, MD, MS, FACS

Zerona laser for Midriff and Stomach Areas

+1

Hi Ducky,

Zerona claims to help patients lose on average 3 to 4 inches from the thighs, waist, and hips combined after a single series of treatments. Not bad for just laying on your back and having a red painless laser light on your back for 20 minutes, and then on your tummy for another 20 minutes every other day for 6 treatments.

It is not a weight loss treatment. For best results, patients need to follow strict exercise and diet protocols. Since the fat cell breakdown products are metabolized through the lymphatic system, many physicians feel that results are maximized by the addition of lymphatic massages after the treatment.

The unknown with Zerona is how long the results will last. Those results will be dependent on how well you continue to watch your diet and exercise. Just because you have lost 2 to 3 inches in the waist, or the dress size is a size or two smaller doesn't necessarily mean that the piece of pumpkin cheesecake should be attacked.

The alternative for someone like yourself would be liposuction or laser assisted liposuction.

In the meantime, exercise and watch your caloric intake.

Good luck and be well.

Dr. P

Michael A. Persky, MD