Wrap-around Chin Implant Projection?

I want a chin implant to add projection, but I also have a very narrow jaw. How much definition can the wrap around chin implant add to the sides of my jaw?

Mandibular implants

+2

There are a variety of implants as well as implant shapes. There are even implants systems that combine a variety of implants to improve the overall projection and width of the mandible.

I have included a link to illustrate these below. I must add that these are difficult to insert and have some complications rates that make the not very popular.

Wrap around chin implant projection

+1

With a prejowl and chin implant, it is possible to add significant width to the mandible. Hope this helps answer your question.

Dr. Nassif

Paul S. Nassif, MD

Wrap-around Chin Implants will widen the front of your jaw.

+1

Just about all of the Chin Implants I've used over the last 10 years have been "extended-anatomical implants" that project your chin and wrap around the front of your jaw. These implants lead to a natural contour and will add width to the front of your jawline.

I've attached a link to my Chin Implant photos for your perusal.

I hope this is helpful, and best regards.

Eric M. Joseph, MD
West Orange Facial Plastic Surgeon

Chin implant sizing

+1

There are many styles and sizes of chin implants.  Visit with a surgeon with significant experience and try a number of them on as trials and have proper measurements made of your face. Your surgeon should be able to tell you what to expect.

Richard P. Rand, MD, FACS

Projection of wrap-around chin implant depends

+1

Depending on the surgeon's goal and the particular implant and its placement, the implant can provide a variable degree of FORWARD projection as well as VERTICAL HEIGHT to the chin (=front of the jaw).

Among the problems encountered with simple onlay implants (encapsulation, movement, warping, rotation, erosion of the underlying bone, exposure etc) has been that on occasion they were just too short causing a depression on the sides between where the implants ended and the anterior edge of the masseter, the great chewing muscle began. The wrap-around implants were designed to be very long in an effort to get around these side dips. BUT - they are NOT supposed to increase any volume to the sides, on the contrary, their job is NOT call attention to the fact you have an implant by doing away with the depressions.

Hope this was helpful.