Will a Refresher Lift Give a More Natural Facelift?

A company called Refresher Lift is advertising what they say is a more natural facelift. On their website (refresherlift.com) they say "Unlike so many other face lifts, the Refresher Lift avoids that pulled-back look that we’ve all seen on people who have had face lifts. Instead, the Refresher Lift reduces excess skin while uplifting the cheeks to restore facial volume and the fullness of youth. -- After all, it’s not just the skin that sags with age, but what’s beneath it." Is the Refresher Lift a new break through in facial plastic surgery?

The Refresher Lift is more inclusive than a Mac Lift

+2

As the developer of the Refresher Lift, I can unambiguously tell you that it is not a Mac Lift, even though it does share some of its goals and the originators share my nationality.

Rejuvenation does not mean tightening. The REFRESHER LIFT restores youthful definition, firmness, and volumes by design of its deep repair. Incisions’ length may vary from short to more extended depending on the degree of sagging of the neck and lower cheek. I believe that by their special design, they reach inconspicuously all areas that require correction while preserving a youthful hairline.

There are many names out there for facelifts

+2

There are many names out there for facelifts. A "refresher" lift is likely branded by an individual surgeon or group of surgeons to distinguish their personal form of facelift. They may be excellent surgeons and get great results. However, there are many ways to perform a facelift. What is more important is that your surgeon understands your individual needs. Facelifts go by many names: refresher lift, mini-lift, lifestyle lift, deep plane lift, short flap lift, MACS lift, etc. Most address the underlying SMAS muscle as the key to a long lasting and natural looking Facelift. The skin should then be draped naturally according to what are called vectors.

So, you should pick a doctor that you trust instead of advertising stating that one particular type of lift is superior or more natural than the rest. As with all of cosmetic surgery, each patients should be treated as an individual and surgery tailored to them rather than applying one technique to every patient.

Steven J. Pearlman, MD

Refresher Lift

+2

I just saw this on Google yesterday myself and looked at the web site. I called them to see if any "plastic surgeons" were on their list in Seattle so I could tell who is doing this and they wouldn't tell me. Sounded strange to me and seemed like another company trying to copy the Lifestyle lift model. See the many reviews of this and be careful - it's the only face you've got!

Richard P. Rand, MD, FACS

Experience of facelift surgeon more important than name of lift

+1

Sounds like the refresher lift is more of a trademark term. There are many excellent facial plastic surgeons that perform very natural-appearing facelifts. Look for a surgeon who has performed thousands of facelifts and has years of experience and many before-and-after photos to look at prior to making any decision.

Refresher Lift

+1

"Refresher Lift" sounds like one group's tag for their procedure. What you describe is the goal for any facelift ,and is nothing new. Obviously we all want a natural, non-surgical appearance after cosmetic surgery. You may choose to see these people, but do schedule other consultations so you can make an educated decision.

Facelift to refresh and lift the neck & face

+1

Facelift refers to cosmetic surgery of the lower face (jowls) & neck. Although there are many different face lift procedure terms, there are really only a few different types. These basic face lift types are the SMAS, deep, or composite. Face lift may be combined with other cosmetic surgery such as a neck lift, fat transfer, or others.

The amount of tissue adjusted or tightened depends on the specific approach & the requirements of a particular patient. The minimal access or minimal incision lift that leaves a short scar is more appropriate for younger patients (less than 60) or patients with little/moderate skin aging. All of these types of face lifts are variations of SMAS lifts. Older patients or patients with severe & excess skin sagging will require a more traditional facelift procedure. By far, a majority of plastic surgeons who perform face lift surgery do a SMAS lift variation. This face lift type generally has the quickest recovery with great results.

There isn't one face lift type for all patients. Each cosmetic surgery is specific for each patient. Keep in mind, many companies or plastic surgeons may market face lifts by different names, which confuses patients. Refresh, quick, or lifestyle are terms. There isn't any recent break through in face lift surgery. Speak to a plastic surgeon to determine which facelift is right for you.

Houtan Chaboki, MD
Washington DC Facial Plastic Surgeon

Refresher Lift

+1

Hi,

There are so many different names and types of facelifts out there. One is not necessarilly superior over the other. What is more important is that each procedure is individualized to the patient. What works great for one patient may not help at all for another. Do not be fooled by what seems to be an advertising technique to disguise a procedure that already exists. Look for a plastic surgeon that seems to get natural results.

Also do your research so you are educated and not being sold on certain procedure. I would seek out a board certified plastic surgeon that you trust and have them examine you to decide which procedure is best for you.

Best regards,

Dr. Speron

Sam Speron, MD

Marketing face lifts.

+1

Hi!

1)  My feeling is that you should be leery of any operation with a brand name or a catchy title.  This is all about marketing, not science.

2)  In Manhattan, I don't know any experienced plastic surgeon who does this procedure.

George J. Beraka, MD (retired)

Refresher Lift sounds like a variation of the MACS Lift.

+1

There are now three basic types of facelift being done. One is the traditional which rotates and elevates the support layer of the face. This necessarily rotates some of this tissue behind the ear and removes it from the face. In skilled hands, this technique gets excellent results. The second type is the “mini lifts.” These have been around for many years. They undermine little and do very little to change the underlying support layer of the face, that layer that must be elevated to get a really lasting result. They probably should not even be classified as a facelift since they do little to really rejuvenate the face and neck. Fortunately they are quickly disappearing because of the third type. This is the group of “short scar” facelifts that are now becoming more common. This group uses a skin only elevation and then remodels the support layer from its surface rather than moving it. The concept has been around since the 1960’s, but did not become popular until the 1990’s when an American and in 1999 when an Italian surgeon reduced the scar. Two Belgium surgeons then improved the technique, calling it the MACS Lift. This is an acronym for Minimal Access Cranial Suspension, because it uses a small incision with less undermining and suspends the elevated face from the tissue over the bone, for longer lasting results. This technique has all the benefits you mentioned (avoiding the “pulled look,” faster recovery, and restoring facial volume). Since then, many surgeons have modified this technique. Many have named their modification as a marketing technique. In fact, if they adhere to the principals of the MACS Lift, I believe it is a better facelift than the traditional facelifts. Sixty percent of the facelifts I do are on people who have already had a facelift. I use a modified MACS Lift on all these to correct the problems from the previous facelift. I also use it primarily to prevent those problems and provide “a more natural” result. See www.TodaysFacelift.com or www.coupurecentrum.be.

Robert T. Buchanan, MD
Highlands Plastic Surgeon

Refresher Lift is another form of mini face lift

+1

Branding or naming a procedure to deceive the public is unethical. There are a lot of special names that are attached to facial procedures but they are essentially repackaged procedures that are commonly done by many surgeons.

Mini face lifts have many names and this is essentially what you are considering. Ask specific questions and compare it to other procedures and make sure you know what you are getting.

Best Wishes

Dr. Peterson

Marcus L. Peterson, MD
Saint George Plastic Surgeon