Will Dysport Be Just $4/unit Everywhere?

I saw an office advertising Dysport for $4/unit - they said treatment for glabellar lines will be just $200! Is this too good to be true?

Yes

+3

Units are different with Dysport than Botox. You would be advised to notice the area treatment fee which is pretty much in the same ball park as everybody else.

By the way, if someone offers Botox for $4/a unit, please be suspicious. Not that this cannot happen, as some physicians may offer Botox at this price ( or lower), prior to embarking on vacations or as a promotion with other procedures.

Virginia Beach Dermatologist

Dysport Cost vs. Botox Cost

+2

Dysport units and Botox units are not the same. It takes about 2.5 units of Dysport per one unit of Botox. Dysport can be more cost effective than Botox at certain physician offices.

Dysport pricing

+1

First you must compare apples to apples.  Botox and Dysport dosages are not equal.  Next, PLEASE do not go to an injector just because of a "great deal".  Cheap gets expensive fast if there is an issue.  Please seek out an experienced, well trained injector.

Web reference: http://www.jjrothmd.com/face-and-skin/injectables

$4 per unit Dysport-is it a deal?

+1

Sounds like a good deal but it's a little deceptive when you understand that it takes 3 times the units compared to Botox to treat the same area.   We charge per area and not per unit, to keep it simple, and we've priced Botox the same as Dysport so that you don't feel compelled to use one over the other just because of price.   

San Diego Facial Plastic Surgeon

+1

Pricing for all cosmetic treatments varies greatly.  I personally do not charge per unit, I charge per area.  Just make sure you are going to a qualified injector with experience.

Beverly Hills Oculoplastic Surgeon

Dysport $4/unit too good to be true?

+1

50 units of Dysport for $200 is not a good deal; it's a great deal! But only if you're getting it from an experienced injector.  Some non- core physicians (non plastic surgeons or dermatologists) are offering very low fees as they're starting out in the cosmetic field. 

My best advice is to seek out someone who's done this for at least 10 years.  I've performed Botox injections for 15 years and Dysport for the past 4 years.  I routinely see patients who've gone elsewhere and are either unhappy because it didn't last long enough, have a frozen look, or have a brow/eyelid droop.  It's not worth the few hundred $$ in savings.  I tell my patients not to negotiate on their health or their face.

Ramtin Kassir, MD NY/NJ facial plastic surgeon

Dysport pricing pretty attractive

+1

Our Dysport is priced at $5/unit, but we often run specials during which the price will be $4/u.  In addition, through Sept 30, 2010, the Dysport manufacturer is offering $150 in rebates for Dysport treatments.  Pick a provider with lots of experience!

Dysport Pricing

+1

Plastic surgery pricing vary considerably depending on geographic location and expertise.  The cost for dysport will be about $4 to $5 per unit which equates to about $10 - $15 per unit as botox as it requires about 100 units of dysport to do what 33 units of botox can do. Botox is still generally the preferred option for value and efficacy.

Dysport now available in the United States

+1

Dysport is a close relative of Botox that is now available in the United States. In clinical studies, it has shown to have a faster onset of action than Botox and lasts a little bit longer. The amount of Dysport used is slightly different than the amount of Botox per area. For great results, work with a board-certified plastic surgeon who has a great deal of experience with fillers, Botox and the new Dysport. The price of Dysport will vary by the practice. In our practice, Dysport is somewhat cheaper than Botox. Keep in mind when buying either filler to make sure that you are paying by the unit instead of by the volume (per area, per cc, per ml, etc)

Dysport at $4 per unit.

+1

Dysport at $4 per unit is roughly equivalent to Botox at $10 per unit because it takes about 2.5 times as many units of Dysport to get the therapeutic effect of Botox . For example it takes 50 unit s of Dysport  versus 20 of Botox to treat the frown lines.