Hi doctors. thakn you so very much for all your great information about tummy tucks. i can't seem to find how much a mini tummy tuck typically costs a patient. Can you give a range for this procedure price?
What is the Cost of Mini Tummy Tuck?
Doctor Answers 9
Mini tummy tuck cost
Have a question? Ask a doctor
Cost of Mini Tummy Tuck
To ensure that you are receiving quality work at the most cost effective prices, consult with board certified plastic surgeons that own their own nationally accredited facilities. The quality must be maintained at the highest level to maintain accreditation. The surgeons also have incentive to hire and train quality staff (to ensure that surgery is efficient and enjoyable), to ensure comfortable and private facilities (to encourage referral), and to eliminate waste (to ensure that these facilities can compete effectively).
Costs of Surgery
In considering the cost of a Tummy Tuck, you should look at the components of the cost:
1. Surgeons Fee. This is usually the greatest part of the overall cost and can vary immensly from location to location (just like the cost of living varies in each location) as well as in the same location, it can vary from surgeon to surgeon. Usually, a surgeon commanding a higher price is very experienced and has very good results reliably, and is very busy due to the above. This also depends on if a circumferential, tummy tuck, extended tummy tuck, full tummy tuck, mini tummy tuck, and skin only tummy tuck is performed. These are usually less expensive in decreasing order.
2. Anesthesia Fee. This can vary depending on if a board certified MD anesthesiologist is used, vs. a nurse anesthetist, vs. a non-certified nurse, vs. only local anesthesia (an awake procedure). Obviously, the further you go down the line, the cheaper the price. You do get what you pay for.
3. Facility Fee. This can vary if it is a a state/medicare certified facility, vs. the back of a doc's office.
4. Accessories. This includes things like a pain pump, Exparol injections (72 hour long lasting numbing), garments, tissue glues, etc. These are not necessary for a great result, just add to the comfort of a result.
5. Revision. Usually a revision such as dog ears or lowering the scar, or a seroma, is much less that the original surgery, but this depends entirely on what exactly is being done.
6. Add on surgeries are usually discounted, as in a mommy makeover.
7. Insurance. If an insurance based surgery, such as a hernia repair is done at the same time, the tummy tuck may be discounted.
As with anything in life, buyer beware of risks of cutting corners in surgery.
Real Self has average costs of every operations in your location that you can peruse before seeing a surgeon, but keep in mind that the above quality can change from office to office. Choose a surgeon that you are very comfortable with and is board certified.
Pablo Prichard, MD
You might also like...
Cost of Tummy Tuck?
Thank you for the question.
You will find that the cost of surgery will vary significantly even in the same town. Although important, ultimately the cost of surgery should be of less concern than the quality and safety of the procedure performed. In other words, do your due diligence carefully. Check with the American Board of Plastic Surgeons and/or and the American Society of Plastic Surgeons for appropriate training and credentials. Then, make sure you see lots of examples of the surgeons work in pictures ( better yet meet with patients who have had similar procedures).
If the surgeons you choose are out of your “price range”, wait on having the surgery until you can afford them. Elective plastic surgery is not an “item” you should bargain shop for. You will find that revisionary surgery can be more much more expensive.
Cost of a mini tummy tuck
The fee for the mini tummy tuck will vary from region to region and also will depend upon what other procedures are being performed.
Cost of a mini tummy tuck
The average amount is listed directly below your question above and can be found on the realself page. Quick answer is that it depends on what is done but can range from 3500 upt to 15000.
Cost of mini tummy tuck
1) In our New York City office, a mini tummy tuck would cost you a total (including operating room and anesthesia) of about $10,000.
2) Costs can be quite a bit lower in other parts of the country.
Mini-Tummy Tuck Cost
A mini-TT in my office costs about $300-500 less than a full Tummy Tuck. In addition, I usually perform the Mini-TT as an outpatient and usually admit full TT patients for at least 1 night. This also lowers the total cost.
About the same
It has been my experience that the mini tummy tuck runs about the same price as a full tummy tuck and rightly so. The technical aspects are the same if not more so. The mini tummy tuck should not be shortchanged as a procedure. It requires even more skill than a full tummy tuck in both selection of the appropriate patient and performing the surgery to the patient's expectations.
These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.