Cause and Treatment for Jaw Clicking?

I had upper and lower jaw surgery 2 1/2 months ago and I am pleased with the results. However, over the past 5 days I have been noticing that the left side of my jaw clicks whenever I eat or talk. What could be the cause of this? Possible way to correct?

Thank you!

Jaw clicking after orthognathic surgery

+1

The jaw clicking is probably not related to the orthognathic surgery performed two-and-a-half months ago, but is more related to the temporomandibular joint, which is most likely the reason for the clicking and popping.

Return to your surgeon for evaluation

+1

There ar many possible causes for this and I would recommend that you return to your oral surgeon to discuss the mangement of this condition if necessary.