What Breast Implant Manufacturer Offers the Highest Quality Implants?

I investigated mentor and allergan implants (are there others??) and trying to understand quality. No Consumer reports for breast implants! what are the highest quality ones on the market?

Allegan or Mentor

+5

If you decide to choose Allergan or Mentor prostheses, be sure you are choosing high quality implants. Both produce high quality products and offer warranties. Beware of "new and cheap" alternatives.

Spain Plastic Surgeon

Both implant companies produce high quality impants

+4

Both Mentor and Allergan, (used to be called Inamed and/or McGahn), make high quality implants.  They are essentially the same in that regard.  They are FDA approved.  I would put either one in a family member.  I trust them enough to put them in my patients. 

Jeffrey Roth, MD

Mentor and Allergan both excellent Implants

+3

I have used both Mentor and Allergan implants. I can't say that one is better quality.  Some surgeons chose one over the other. This is usually due to better customer service or habit. You can't go wrong with either one.

Parham Ganchi, PhD, MD
Wayne Plastic Surgeon

Implant Company

+2
You will find that some surgeons prefer one company over the other. I have used both companies implants and I choose to use Mentor implants for many reasons. Are they BETTER or higher quality than the allergan implants, I truly can not say that they are. They are both good for what they need to do, just different sizing which would not matter to you, just to your surgeon. So it is really a matter of which your surgeon is more familiar and comfortable with.

Farbod Esmailian, MD

Best Quality Brest Implants

+1

In my opinion both Natrellle breast implants and Mentor breast implants are very similar in profile, performance and durability.  Both products historically have been satisfying to both surgeons and patients. I strongly recommend selecting your surgeon based on training, experience and aesthetic sensibility rather than on the basis of which brand of breast implant they typically use.

Michael Law, MD
Raleigh-Durham Plastic Surgeon

Breast Implant Companies

+1

Both companies are reputable with good products (similar characteristics and warranties). On May 10, 2000, the FDA granted approval of saline-filled breast implants manufactured by Mentor Corporation and McGhan Medical. To date, all other manufacturers’ saline-filled breast implants are considered investigational.
As of 2006, the FDA has approved the use of silicone gel implants manufactured by the Mentor Corporation and Allergan (formerly McGhan) for breast augmentation surgery for patients over the age of 22.

Both types of implants are essentially the same

+1

While each implant maker may claim that their product is the superior one, the reality is that both products have a pretty similar safety profile. Some surgeons prefer one or the other, but in general this is because of familiarity and not because one product produces better results.

In the end, your final result after surgery will depend more on your surgeon than the implant, so pick the surgeon you trust most to get you the result you want.

Shahram Salemy, MD, FACS

Both companies have high quality assurance

+1

You will find that plastic surgeons have a preference for one reason or another but know that each companies implants are approved by the FDA as safe for you to have.

Discuss what your desires are with the board-certified plastic surgeon you chose to take care of you.

Dr Edwards

Michael C. Edwards, MD, FACS

MemoryGel breast implants by Mentor are #1 in the U.S.

+1

Hi!

There is no question that both Mentor and Allergan make excellent safe and effective breast implants. But I prefer the Mentor implants, and they are the most popular.

George J. Beraka, MD (retired)

Implant companies

+1

Both Mentor and Allergan have quality products.  Some doctors prefer one over the other because of customer service that one company may offer over another.