How Much Weight Can You Lose After Liposuction?

I'm 220lbs. I want to know how much weight I can lose after Liposuction.

Weight loss and liposuction

+1

Significant reduction of fat from liposuction in obese patients may increase, significantly, the risks of the procedure. The amount of weight is not as important as the reduction in size, but the ideal candidate exercises regularly and eats a well-balanced meal so that their health is in good shape. The last bulge that can’t be reduced is then treated with liposuction. If there is generalized accumulation of fat then it is not as focused a procedure and the aesthetic results may not be as good. You might lose several pounds but fat is not nearly as dense as muscle and the amount of weight loss might disappoint you.

Web reference: http://www.thenyac.com

Liposuction is not for weight reduction

+1

Liposuction is a fat contouring procedure NOT a weight reduction operation.

If you are referring to how much can be safely removed as an outpatient procedure- the answer is about 5KG.

If MORE is removed, you will require careful monitoring for fluid shift, drop in blood pressure etc.

Good Luck.

Liposuction for weight loss, No

+1

Dear Whitelady,

Liposuction is a procedure for body contouring not for weight loss.  Most patients can lose about 10 to 11 pounds by liposuction of fat.  I don't recommend this surgery if you need to lose weight, I recommend losing the weight and then having surgery.

Steven Schuster MD FACS 

Boca Raton Plastic Surgeon