Voluma by Juvederm Best for Hollow Under Eyes?

I read that Voluma by Juvederm is the latest filler that can erase the hollow area below my eyes. Please advise if this is the best treatment for this area. Thanks.

Juvederm Can Be Used in the Tear Troughs

+1
Voluma under the eyes is usually not one’s first choice – it is a volumizing filler and best used in the mid-face for volume re-filling. Juvéderm can be used in the tear troughs, but there is a chance for more swelling as compared to Restylane and Belotero – so consult with your board-certified dermatologist or plastic surgeon and find out which is best for you.

Nashville Dermatologic Surgeon

Fillers under the eyes

+1
I don't really think Voluma is the best filler for undereye tear troughs. Most dermatologists would inject Restylane, or, even better, the new Beletero.  Beletero is my favorite in this area because it cannot give a blue look, spreads out evenly without any lumping, and is least likely to swell.

Good luck to you!

Sheryl D. Clark, MD

Eyelid hollows

+1

Hi Steffi,

Eyelid hollows can be treated with many injectable fillers. However, since the skin in that are is thin, it is best to use a filler that has less chance of lumping or showing through the skin.

Typically the physician will choose a product that has worked for him/her before. A good way to evaluate whats right for you is too look at some before and afters that the physician has to give you an idea of what your will look like.

I prefer either Restylane or regulare Juvaderm.

Best of Luck,

Dr.S.

Oleh Slupchynskyj, MD, FACS

Juvederm works best under the eyes

+1

Hi Steffi!

Juvederm in small quantities injected under the orbicularis muscle works quite well to plump up the tear troughs. It is a little softer and molds a bit better than Restylane. I have also used Radiesse there but like the ability to reverse the fill should I overshoot or if the patient is unhappy for any reason with Hyaluronidase. If the adjacent fat volume is generous, I have found that you may be happier with some type surgical fat repositioning. Best of luck!

Peter T. Truong, MD
Fresno Oculoplastic Surgeon

Restylane is safest for hollow under eyes.

+1

Hi!

The tear trough area under the eyes is very unforgiving, and you want to use the product that is least likely to give you bumps.  Restylane (in very small amounts, injected deep under the muscle) is safest.

George J. Beraka, MD (retired)

Voluma by Juvederm best for hollow under eyes?

+1

Steffi,

Voluma is to Juvederm what Perlane is to Restylane - a much ticker, denser filler for deeper applications. It is not yet approved in the US but as a former British colony it may be already on your market in Singapore.

http://www.juvedermultra.co.uk/ABOUTVOLUMA/Pages/voluma_different.aspx#

I would not place something that thick under the thinnest skin in the body.

Good Luck.

Peter A Aldea, MD, FACS
www.TheBeautyDoctors.com