Veneers or Braces for Teeth Gaps?

I had bottom wisdom teeth taken out as a teenager. Now, I have gaps in lower teeth. I have two lower bridges to cover where missing teeth used to be, but I feel self-conscious when I smile because of the gaps.Which is best for me, veneers or braces? I am age 50+

Veneers or Braces to close gaps?

+1

Your best advice will come from a consultation with an experienced cosmetic dentist. Sometimes, if your teeth are spaced appropriately, no-prep veneers like UltraVeneers will work wonders perfecting your smile. Or, it may be possible to perfect your smile by moving your teeth to the ideal position. Invisalign is an option for moving your teeth.

Atlanta Cosmetic Dentist

Braces vs Veneers

+1

This is a great question, and it really depends on many different factors. Are the gums and supporting bone around these teeth in good health? How will moving the lower front teeth impact the bite? Do the lower front teeth have fillings? How large are the spaces? Are the spaces all equal? Do you like the color of these teeth?

Depending on the answers to these questions, you may want to do braces, veneers, or a combination of both.

Hope this helps!

Freehold Cosmetic Dentist

Better to have Braces if gaps are very large before veneers

+1

If the gaps between teeth are very large, It is better to have some orthodontics prior to veneers. If veneers are created for very wide gaps, unhelthy ledges occur and can trap food and bacteria which can lead to gum problems.

New York Cosmetic Dentist

Depends on the size of the gaps

+1

Depending on if the gaps are large and where the gaps are will be important when making this decision. If we are talking about a few mm gaps in the front, then veneers might work. If the gaps are in the back, then crowns or onlays would be advised. If the gaps are large, braces should be considered, but not to close the spaces as much as expand and align them better for implants or bridgework. Narrowing arches (when closing large gaps) can lead to other serious issues, including TMJ disorders or sleep apnea.

Without photos it is difficult to say what would work best.

Web reference: http://www.DrTimmerman.com

Seattle Cosmetic Dentist