How to Get Rid of Veins Beside the Lips?

I have visible veins on either side of my lips (I feel like a vampire). How can I get rid of these, and how much would it cost? Thank you!

Trish Lang,
Falls Church, VA

What is the treatment of facial veins near the lips (lip veins) ?

There are various treatments and a picture would have been very helpful for guidance.

I have used sclerotherapy and topical lasers such as KTP 532 nm long pulse laser and Nd YAG 1064 nm laser for these.

Ohmic thermolysis (VeinWave) technology is also successful.

Remember that multiple treatments may be necessary for these. 

Visible facial veins

Depending on the size of the veins and the degree of blood flow in them, many treatments can be applied including lasers, IPL, and direct electrocautery.  See a plastic surgeon in your area for options and recommendations. 

Facial veins.

Depending on the size and caliber of the veins, different approaches or lasers can be used to correct or eliminate the appearance of the veins. Multiple treatments may be required.  

Veins on the face

The best treatment available for spider veins on the face, or legs, is the VeinWave procedure. If anyone is offering this in your area, this is the best available right now. It just got FDA approval in the U.S., has been used in Europe for 8 years, and works quickly, typically the vein disappears after only 1 or 2 treatments. In the past, this would usually take 4-7 treatments to remove. In my practice, the cost depends on the time of the session, but one or two small veins removed on the face would be around $75-100.

Alan M. Gardner, MD
Atlanta Dermatologist