Upgrading from 325cc to 400-450cc Breast Implants?

After a deflation, I have decided to up grade to the mentor moderate profile plus implant. To get the same diameter, 13cm I must go from 325cc in the moderate profile to somewhere around 400-450cc in the moderate plus. How much difference will I see and do you think this is a good decision?

Breast Implant upgrade

+2

If you are happy with the breast that has an intact implant then just replace the deflated one. Since you are considering an increase in size and projection, around a one hundred cc increase will give you close to a half cup increase in size with improved fullness compared to the old implant.

Increasing volume

+1

Increasing the volume will probably keep the width similar but you have more projection with these implants.

+1

In my opinion, this is a relatively modest increase and I also prefer the moderate plus implants to minimize rippling.

Deflation options

+1

Seahawk-

To answer your question, increasing the volume while maintaining the same diameter will increase the projection of the breast from the chest, therefore increasing the cup size. As per your thread question, a volume increase from 75 to 125 ccs is approximately 1/2 cup size as other surgeons here have described. I usually recommend at least a 100cc increase in volume for patients considering an up size as anything smaller is generally a long run for a short slide and you may be disappointed.

Also, remember, scar tissue has formed around your current implants and may need to be removed (starting the sculpted pockets anew) so as to make room for a larger implant. This is called a capsulectomy, ask your breast surgeon whether h/she thinks this is necessary in your case.

I hope this helps and good luck!

Regards-

Dr. C

John Philip Connors III, MD, FACS

Increasing Breast Implant size

+1

I think the factors you should focus on is how you can get the BEST COMPROMISE of breast fill with the least amount of breast weight.

You do not state what implants you had. Based on your statement, I am GUESSING you had Low Profile implants. I happen to like the Mentor 2000 (Moderate Plus) saline implants as I find that they produce a good result in most women. In my opinion 13 cm implants are NOT small implants BUT if you had them before, the Mentor MP's would give you better projection which may compensate for any tissue laxity that took place in the years since you first had the implants placed.

Good Luck.

Avoid very large breast implants.

+1

Hi!

450 cc breast implants are very large and seldom a good idea.  Very big breast implants look fake, stretch your tissues, and age badly.

George J. Beraka, MD (retired)

Higher profile breast implants

+1

In my opinion, the best way to determine what bra size you will be after surgery is to place the actual sized implants in the bra. If the bra fits appropriately, then that is the size you will be. If the bra is too big, there will be extra space and wrinkles in it. If the bra is too small, the implant will bulge medially and perhaps push the bra away from your chest.

With thin tissues, it makes a great deal of sense not to use too large an implant as doing so would cause problems with time such as implant being felt, implant visibility, and sagging.

High profile implants work well, provided that the diameter fits your frame and is not larger than your breast base width.

Anatomic implants are teardrop shaped with more projection in the lower part of the breast. When you look at the breasts in all positions (standing, lying down, on your side), it is a no brain-er that round implants look more natural. While you are standing, the round implant takes on a somewhat teardrop shape. The big difference is that when you lie on your back, round implants looks round like a natural breast, but anatomic implants stay teardrop shaped which looks silly.

Sounds like you can achieve a really nice result.

Michael Horn, MD

Your choice

+1

Were you happy with your size and shape before the deflation? If so, then I would recommend using the same implant. If you desire a fuller shape, then I would discuss this with your surgeon who should be able to better educate you about your options. In general, increasing from a 325 to a 400-450 cc implant will probably add about 1/2 cup size to your bust. (but your bra size may not change much). This is only a good decision if you want to be fuller. Take care.

Dean Fardo, MD

Increasing breast implant size

+1

As long as you are staying in the same diameter, the only thing you will notice is more projection and upper pole fullness.  The change from 325 to 400 is not as much as you might think. 

Richard P. Rand, MD, FACS

Implant upgrade

+1

Dear Seahawk

I don't know if I'd refer to that as an upgrade but a size increase. The extra volume will give you some extra projection without making you bigger on the sides or having the implants come up too high. You may end up a half to 3/4 of a cup size bigger but will not go from a C to a DD. If this is what you are looking for then the size increase will work well. Good Luck on your surgery,

Steven Schuster MD FACS

Steven Schuster, MD
Boca Raton Plastic Surgeon