Is Ultrasonic Liposuction Safe for Excess Fat in Head?

I have an excess fat in the left side area of my head because I have a fracture. I went to a doctor and he advised me to proceed with the Ultrasonic Liposuction. I'm really suspicious about the procedure jugging that it will produce a high amount of temperature. Please I need your help and I'd like to know if it's true that this will be the answer to my long-lasting problem. Some have advised me to do radio-frequency. I did traditional liposuction before, without gaining any benefit. Best regards.

Ultrasonic liposuction of the head

+1

If you had head trauma, it would be a good idea to figure out why you have irregularities. Is this fractured bone, or a component of the dura?  or what?  I do not think liposuction will be of any use.

As some of the other surgeons have stated we need to know what is causing the irregularities.

+1

From the photo it appears you have high and low areas. The xray evaluation will determine what is causing these. Then the high area can be lowered and the low areas raised.

Fat may not be the problem

+1

I am not certain that I can appreciate the excess fat that you are discussing. I would recommend a second opinion as well as the CT scan as previously suggested. Scar tissue may also be responsible and explaing your lack of response to liposuction.

Lipo for the head?

+1

As the other doctors have said, you need an accurate diagnosis of what is going on before any further treatment is done. Ultrasonic lipo can't offer anything special the traditional didn't.

I would suggest a CT scar or an MRI to evaluate the excess and or deficiency that is present. As Dr. Aldea said, you may have wasting of your temporalis muscle making the other side look full when the actual problem is a deficit on the side of the wasted muscle.

Web reference: http://www.randcosmeticsugery.com

Is Ultrasonic Liposuction safe for excess fat in head?

+1

I agree with my colleague Dr. Stratis - Ultrasonic assisted liposuction (or Lipoplasty) is just another way to remove fat from under the skin. If traditional tumescent liposuction did not work, it is VERY unlikely that UAL would.

BUT excess fat is NOT your problem, in my opinion.

On examination of your photo, I am concerned that you have been mis-diagnosed. You appear to have TEMPORAL WASTING on the left side. This is unfortunately seen with certain neurosurgical incisions which result in damaging the nerve to the Temporalis muscle. The TEMPORAL CREST ridge clearly visible on the left is normally where the muscle attaches to forming a seamless transition from the side to the front. It is possible to palpate but the crest is not normally aseen, as in your case, except in nutritional wasting or when the muscle was either poorly attached back or denervated.

I suggest you see a member of our society www.PlasticSurgery.org for a second opinion. I think if anything, you may need volume to be put along the ridge (either implant or filler) NOT to have more taken out.

Good Luck.

Peter A Aldea, MD

Ultrasound lipo in head

+1

If traditional liposuctioning did not work are you certain that the excess tissue is fat? It could be scar tissue or even muscle tissue that no longer has its covering. Perhaps a CAT scan would give you some idea as to what is going on there. Depending upon what it is ultrasonic lipo may work but perhaps laser lipo would be better. In any case you need to know what is causing the bulging.

Harrisburg Plastic Surgeon

Ask a Doctor

Get personalized answers from board-certified doctors. For free.