Tummy Tuck or Other Options for Shelf Abdomen and Stretch Marks?

I am 5'4 and 140 lbs in the picture. I've lost 31 lbs and going to lose 35 lbs more. Do you think the shelf will go away with weight loss? Do you think I should get a tummy tuck to get rid of the stretch marks and the shelf look? What would be my best options? I hate these marks and I've been using Retin-A and fade cream with little results

Timing of tummy tuck

+1

Without question, I would suggest that you wait until you are at your target weight and are stable for 4-6 months. This is assuming that your target weight is reasonably achievable. The main thing is to be as fit as possible. Re-assess your situation at that time.

The ONLY real cure for Stretch marks is a Tummy Tuck (Abdominoplasty)

+1

You would do GREAT with a Tummy Tuck (Abdominoplasty).

The procedure will not only remove the stretch mark damaged skin, but it will also flatten your tummy, narrow your waist, lift a potentially droopy Mons veneris and may smooth any cellulite dimpling on your anterior thighs.

Stretch marks are NOT really "marks". They really are full thickness cracks in the skin that fill with scar tissue. As such they CANNOT be erased by exercise, drinking water, covered with lotions (including RETIN A and fading creams), pills, rollers, lasers, rabbits' feet, voodoo dolls or anything else you hear. The only way to "fix" them, is to remove the cracked - stretch marks covered skin.

Pick a good Plastic surgeon (check www.PlasticSurgery.org) and you will do great.

Dr. P. Aldea

Full Tummy Tuck

+1

At 5'4", your ideal body weight is estimated to be 124, therefore losing 35 pounds is unnecessary.

Nothing but a full tummy tuck would eleiminate your stretch marks, However, the tradeoff is a long scar.

Your striae should fade with time.

Losing weight is an excellent method of losing your body fat and it may produce significant improvements in the appearacne of your abdomen but it is not likely to improve your striae.